Get new similar jobs by email for
Projects Unlimited Inc. is a Dayton, OH aerospace contract manufacturer. We take a product from concept to production in the shortest possible time. Our full service manufacturing capabilities help our customers become a more profitable supplier. Our ISO-9001; AS91000; Boeing Silver; and Northrop Grumman Platinum, Bell Helicopter/Textron Growth Status certifications promise our customers reliable manufacturing as well as qualified engineering support.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Program Manager.
The role of the Program Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Program Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
· Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
· Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in
collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
· Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
in a timely and clear fashion.
· Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
· Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other
· Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
· Plan, track and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
· Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation,
· Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team,
analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and
devise contingency plans.
· Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties
throughout project life cycle.
· Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the
· Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· A degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Electronics, Manufacturing or a combination of at least 3 years of experience as a Program Manager and 2 yr. degree in any of the applications listed above.
· 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all
aspects of process development and execution.
· Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite.
· Comprehensive understanding of MRP and business principles.
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative
environment is essential.
· Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and
· Flexible during times of change.
· Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper
management, clients, and other departments.
· Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
· Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
· Ability to handle multiple projects and accounts concurrently.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
· Overtime may be required in order to meet project deadlines.
· Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients,
stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
No relocation assistance is available for this position.