Get new similar jobs by email for
The NOAA Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO) manages the use, operation, maintenance, and upgrade of the NOAA ships, small craft, aircraft and shore facilities of the NOAA Fleet. The Scientific Computer System (SCS) is the real-time data acquisition element critical to the success of the research missions. The maintenance and development of these systems must be managed, such that they are user friendly, easy to deploy and maintain aboard ship, and moreover, robust and reliable. The candidate will perform general programming providing development and maintenance support to the SCS application, a production system deployed on 17 NOAA vessels. Will perform general scientific programming tasks following government approved SDLC processes by providing development and maintenance support to various systems deployed around the country (travel 2-8 weeks/year). Specific activities include:
- Modifying and or enhancing existing software;
- Participating in new application requirements identification and analysis;
- Developing new software applications;
- Troubleshooting and fixing defects in existing and newly developed software;
- Preparing system and software documentation including test plans;
- Participating in lab-based and field-based evaluations of software applications;
- Installing and troubleshooting software in remote locations around the country and at sea (Travel 2-8 weeks/year);
- Providing training and Tier 2 support on application use to end users.
2 - 4 years of experience designing, developing, testing and supporting user, sensor and data-driven complex operational systems using object-oriented programming and the following tools and languages: C#,.NET Framework, Silverlight, XAML, WPF, WCF, SQL Server, Visual Studio, IIS Web Server, Windows Server web functionality. Must have demonstrated experience developing with XAML, WPF, and C#. Strong understanding of object-oriented design, debugging practices and source control, unit testing, and user interfaces using WPF/XAML/XBAP also required. Experience with Oracle database development and integration is highly desired. Experience with python scripting, Linux shell scripting and XML a plus. Experience developing with Silverlight is a definite plus. Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be willing to travel 2-8 weeks/year.
Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility and obtain access to government vessels.
BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent.
Submit resume to ERT’s Career Opportunities Web Page at:
Earth Resources Technology, Inc. (ERT)
ERT is an equal opportunity employer.