Responsibilities include insuring safety of personnel and assets, assessing feasibility of projects, developing project scope and justification, designing equipment and infrastructure solutions, supervising and supporting equipment builds, construction, and installations, and training production and maintenance personnel. Assigned projects will be of varying size and scope and will be funded from both capital and expense budgets. Developing strong cross functional relationships at a large manufacturing site across the operations teams, engineering, and other support groups will be a key success factor.
Job duties include:
· Develop scope, cost, and schedule for projects including, but not limited to, processing equipment, packaging machinery, buildings, and utilities.
· Lead cross-functional evaluation, planning, and communication with regard to plant projects.
· Maintain required project management documentation and history files.
· Assist with the development of capital and expense budgets.
· Write and submit Capital Appropriations Requests.
· Support plant operations with process expertise and technical troubleshooting capabilities.
· Strive to insure personal safety for self and co-workers.
· Develop and implement reliable equipment solutions
· Identify and implement continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
· Develop equipment specifications.
· Strive to insure quality of finished goods through robust process and equipment solutions.
· Stay abreast of and evaluate new and emerging technologies.
· Work with procurement to bid jobs and select vendors.
· Supervise plant personnel and outside contractors.
· Supervise project managers and / or construction managers.
· Other projects and special assignments as required.