Working independently the Project Financial Analyst II shows a high level of ownership, is particularly analytically minded with a strong focus on detail and committed to quality deliverables. The Project Financial Analyst collects and analyzes financial information including pass through cost data to present high level trends and conclusions to the Project Leader thus facilitating the project planning and decision taking process from a financial point of view. As a strong team player the Project Financial Analyst II is able to communicate with various internal and external functions.
• Drive process to ensure completion of project invoicing and receivables, third party vendor billing and payments as well as monitoring the overall investigator fees budget for assigned projects including ensuring appropriate sign-off from Project Leader.
• Develop actual/forecasts versus the budget in terms of both professional fees and pass through expenses (3rd party vendor costs, investigator fees, travel expenses, etc.). Review and discuss with project team.
• Complete month end responsibilities including revenue recognition and forecasts, variance analysis, SOX compliance tasks, PERFORM updates, profitability analysis, and any other reporting needs as required.
• Review variances identified by SOX controls and escalate to Project Leader. Provide financial analysis of revenues & costs (actual & forecast) and recommend actions to address variances.
• Develop and distribute consolidated worldwide monthly reports detailing the financial status of assigned projects and/or programs.
• When required, interface with and provide support to Proposals & Contracts and Project Directors on the development of financial analysis for proposals.
• Develop financial project metrics, review and finalize project metrics in cooperation with Project Leader in line with PAREXEL and client requirements.
• Provide financial tracking and maintenance support to the Project Leader.
• Maintain/update budget within relevant tools from post-award onwards including any subsequent changes in scope • Support Contracts group by providing them relevant budget information to incorporate into contracts and change in scope documents
• Develop financially appropriate payment schedules
• Working closely with the Project Specialist and Project Leader, provide on-going financial impact resource planning, management and analysis.
• Monitor resource levels on projects and roles and its impact on profitability
• Upon award, review initial budget provided by Pre-Sales and make study specific adaptations around budget splits as required
• Responsible for the validation and accurate loading of the pricing tool to the financial system
• Responsible for the development of financially sound payment schedules.
• Conduct project close outs.
• Conduct analysis of deferred and unbilled balances on studies including advising on bad debt provision.
• Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork
• Demonstrate attention to detail
•Knowledge of SEC and GAP around SOX and accounting as it pertains to invoicing and revenue recognition
•Knowledge of clinical trial pricing/budgeting tools and how to reflect operational changes in the tools
• Well-experienced with Microsoft suite of products
• Expert level skills in Excel
• Knowledge of Business Objects, and Oracle Financials highly desirable
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to organize, meet strict deadlines, and work both independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Client focused approach to work
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
•Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
• Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
•Bachelor’s degree preferably with a numerate element (Finance, Accounting, or Business or preferred) or equivalent experience.
Minimum Work Experience
• Three to Five years Financial Analyst or Accounting experience in a publicly traded company
• Previous revenue recogintion experience
• Experience with Oracle, or other large ERP system