The project manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating projects on budget, through collaboration with estimators, account managers, and department leaders. This includes activities concerned with the construction of commercial interiors for high-end luxury retail stores, among other branded or corporate environments. The project manager participates in the development of new projects and oversees their planning, organization, scheduling and production. This position is exciting and allows for a wide range of control and the freedom to make critical decisions affecting the outcome of the projects you are responsible for.
Gilbert Displays combines architectural artistry with branding mastery in the creation and tailoring of custom trade show exhibits, commercial interiors, graphics solutions and special event services. For more than 26 years, Gilbert Displays has been delivering exceptional value through its harmonious balance of modern innovation and classic customer service.
- Collaborate with account management to discern client needs, and with design, estimating and production to ensure all projects remain within design constraints, on budget, and within feasible construction capabilities.
- Create or acquire all drawings including shop, set-up, electrical, carpet, orientation, plans, elevations, etc.
- Submit all purchase requisitions for all required materials and goods including any outside vendor services.
- Track project budgets and timelines.
- Coordinate and review all construction drawings with the shop office before any work begins.
- Obtain approvals on appropriate drawings from design, estimating, and production.
- Review with the shop office any changes in the construction of the interior as it pertains to the drawings submitted, and make changes to the drawings on file after completion.
- Review and create the shipping documentation (i.e. case list) for shipping the interior.
- Must meet customer’s agreed upon project completion dates.
- Visit customer sites when and where necessary.
- At least 5 years of project management experience in a fast-paced,multiple-priority environment.
- A Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field.
- Must be experienced with custom cabinetry.
- Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have experience using AutoCAD. AutoDesk Inventor experience a plus.
- A working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Must be able to travel to customer job sites when and where required.
- Must be a natural multitasker who thrives under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be an extremely organized, thorough and detail oriented.
- Position requires an energetic positive attitude with the ability to lead and direct the work of others.
- Must demonstrate a strong collaborative attitude and work well in a team environment.
- You must enjoy innovating around unique challenges and be self-motivated.
To apply for this position or refer someone you know, please use our online interview system managed by Accolo. Apply for this job
Once you have completed the online interview, your information will be forwarded to the hiring authority for decisions on next steps.
- Related Keywords:
- project manager, management, AutoCAD, AutoDesk Inventor, MS Office