Get new similar jobs by email for
Project Manager II
This position is with MAPFRE Insurance located in Webster, MA.
The Project Manager II successfully plans and controls projects utilizing numerous techniques to strategically direct, question and analyze the total project in addition to its individual parts. This person is accountable for the coordination and communication required to bring the project in on time and within the established budget. The Project Manager II directs project resources and efforts, participates in the decision making process with all levels of staff and management, communicates with business area management, and makes recommendations to effect positive change.
· Education: Bachelor's Degree or professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, or equivalent, related experience.
· Experience: 6 - 8 years - or Associates Degree equivalent plus 8 or more years.
· Knowledge: Complete understanding and knowledge of industry practices, standards, and concepts within field of work. Applies them to perform or lead work requiring extensive analytical business skills.
· Decision Making: Makes decisions using broad management limits. Applies guidelines and procedures that leave considerable room for discretion and interpretation. Decisions directly influence project, client relationships and or expenditures. Additionally, decisions exert some influence on organization's long-range goals and objectives. Participates in determining objectives of assignments.
· Supervision Received: Works independently under general supervision. Work is reviewed for overall adequacy in meeting objectives.
· Leadership: Plans, allocates the activities of project teams. Provides training and guidance to less experienced staff.
· Problem Solving /Operations/Direct Work Involvement: Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of innovation. Ensures that solutions are effective in meeting organizational objectives. Questions problem definition to address underlying issues.
· Client Contacts: Manages internal and external relationships. Represents organization as prime contact for projects and other necessary communications. Interaction may include senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring complex coordination between organizations. Communication involves persuasion and negotiation, as applicable. Seeks ways of improving client service.
PMP certification or demonstrated equivalent experience
Minimum eight years of business experience working in or with an IT organization in system, programming, or project development efforts.
Previous successful performance in the Project Manager role for multiple projects
Ability to plan, execute and control a project, establishing realistic estimates and reporting metrics
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan, organize, delegate and control work
Demonstrated ability to understand and balance technical Application Services/solutions with time, cost, and human factors
Ability to lead a group to accomplish a common goal
Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and influencing skills
Ability to utilize available tools such as workflow diagramming, data flow diagramming, project scheduling, and word-processing as needed
Ability to estimate, plan, track, control costs, and provide needed status reporting.
Excellent knowledge of a system development methodology, through all of its phases and deliverables
Ability to assess project risks and exposures; identify options and alternatives, make decisions, and implement corrective actions
Demonstrated skills in diplomacy, confidence, persuasiveness, enthusiasm and verbal fluency
Ability to promote and build a team atmosphere, motivating team members
Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision making abilities
Demonstrated Technical Knowledge
Working knowledge of information systems concepts, terminology, and best practices
Demonstrated Communications and Business Skills
Procedure and Standards Development
Written and oral presentations to all levels
Excellent interpersonal, consultative, coaching, communication, and negotiation skills
Excellent presentation skills
Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner and collaboratively as a team leader or member; ability to create and implement detailed action plans
Ability to understand legal and regulatory requirements and business drivers and priorities, and integrate these requirements into overall security design
Ability to manage and prioritize complex, changing workloads in a challenging technical environment
Capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies and apply that knowledge to current efforts and plans
Demonstrated flexibility and capacity for creative thinking
Insurance industry experience.
About MAPFRE Insurance:
We are a leading property and casualty insurer committed to recognizing our employees as our most valuable resource. We are focused on attracting, developing, engaging and retaining quality employees to ensure mutual success. We offer competitive wages and benefits including: Health, Dental, Life, PTO, Holidays, 401(k), Profit Sharing, STD/LTD, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible work schedules and a Casual attire environment.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
We have earned a solid reputation as a "great place to work." Our employees have stated that we offer the following:
Competitive Total Compensation/Benefit Package
Financially Stable Company
Future Career Opportunities
Convenient Company Locations
Quality Management and Colleagues
Strong People Management Practices
Quality Senior Leadership Reputation
If this position/job title is not posted on our website, please apply for future openings. To view complete job descriptions and apply, please visit jobs.mapfreinsurance.com
To apply for this position, please click the "Apply" button below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
American Commerce Insurance Company | The Commerce Insurance Company | Commerce West Insurance Company | Citation Insurance Company | MAPFRE Insurance Company | MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida | MAPFRE Insurance Company of New York