FusionStorm is an award-winning, information technology delivery (ITD) companyTM. We combine best-of-breed products from leading vendors with a full suite of Professional and Managed Services to help our customers save money and grow their businesses. FusionStorm provides advanced technology and data center infrastructure expertise; world-class IT consulting, and managed and support services. We ensure our customer’s IT investments create value and realize high returns.
FusionStorm hires extraordinary people who strive to make a difference. Our success is in large part due to our outstanding talented and dedicated employees. If you thrive on transformation, empowerment to make a difference, and identification of solutions in an innovative environment, we want you to join our team.
FusionStorm is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in San Jose, Irvine, San Diego, Roseville California, Columbus Ohio, Franklin Massachusetts, New York City, Bridgewater New Jersey, Cranberry Township Pennsylvania, Amsterdam Netherlands, Beijing China and Wanchai Hong Kong. For more information about FusionStorm, please visit www.fusionstorm.com.
We have an immediate job opportunity for a Project Manager in San Jose, California.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing and managing multiple and/or large projects according to pre-determined timelines and budgets; assigning the project teams; building project plans; reporting status to the client and internal teams; and ensuring quality control throughout the project life cycle. It is expected that the majority of time (70%) will be in customer facing activities.
- Establish projects in FusionStorm’s business systems
- Manage multiple and/or large projects throughout the life cycle, initiation through closure
- Be accountable for project results of staying on-budget, on-schedule, and maintain client satisfaction
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to communicate project scope, tasks, deliverables, goals, resources, schedules and budgets
- Communicate expectations to stakeholders and team, gaining acceptance
- Create project plan to identify when each task will be performed, and any dependencies
- Manage project budgets to ensure resources and projects meet projected financials and determine if allocated funds have been spent as specified
- Identify and assign resources required to fulfill project delivery, collaborating with other PMs and PCs to determine which project resources are available and schedule project workload and assignments
- Work with ISR's to ensure that all products and corresponding issues (software licensing, shipment logistics, DOA's, late or changed shipment dates) are coordinated with customer and FusionStorm Sales and Engineering teams
- Provide status reports throughout project to internal and external stakeholders on progress against project plan, and any issues
- Own and resolve any issues that arise during the project
- Document any issues and resolutions, sharing status with stakeholders
- Quickly escalate to senior management any project related issues that will negatively affect customer satisfaction
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes are documented and approved both internally and externally with project change request forms
- Ensure all team timecards, expense reports, status reports, issue documentation, project plan updates and project documentation are entered into the business systems in a timely fashion, verifying accuracy and completeness
- Obtain client sign-off on the Project Completion Form
- Perform invoicing and project closure functions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years experience in Project Management within the IT industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- PMI certification is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Excellent customer interfacing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings
- Ability to coordinate resources
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and work efficiently
- Ability to work independently, as well as with peers
- Ability to problem solve and perform analysis
- Familiarity with technical concepts, terms and practices used in the assessment and implementation of IT Infrastructure and Services
In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, FusionStorm provides an attractive mix of benefit plans to contribute to its employees' good health, future financial security and peace of mind. Please visit our website for more information about our competitive benefits package: http://www.fusionstorm.com/company/careers/beyond-rewarding-career
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
FusionStorm is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
No AGENCIES, please. We are not obligated to pay any fees for any individuals we decide to hire.