Reports to: Director, Project Management
Status: Exempt, Full Time
Walz Group is the nation’s premier provider of Compliance Advisory Services, Critical Document Technology™ and Document Fulfillment Services for highly regulated industries. Walz’s software, technology and outsourcing platform enables clients in various industries to communicate with their counterparties (such as borrowers, attorneys, taxpayers, customers, etc.) according to the compliance requirements mandated by federal and state regulations.
Walz has been the recipient of multiple awards for high growth and technology excellence, including three consecutive years in the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S, the Deloitte North American Technology Fast 500 as well as being ranked in the Top 100 Business Services firms by Inc. Magazine, with various additional nominations for Growth and Entrepreneurship.
Over 2,500 of the nation's premier financial institutions, government agencies, law firms and insurance companies use Walz’s technology for their critical compliance documents, including 35 of the Fortune 100, all 4 of the Top 4 Banks, 18 of the Top 25 Mortgage Servicers and 105 of the AmLaw 200.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading internal business initiatives and/or client facing implementations. This position requires collaboration with Application Development, Quality Assurance, Client Implementation, IT Infrastructure, Technical Support, and various business sponsors to effectively deliver on projects. This position develops project plans and schedules to ensure timely delivery of projects, coordinating the work of software development and other functional IT groups. This position requires frequent communication with team members, third party groups, and management regarding project status. This position is responsible for identifying and managing project risks to include timely resolution of issues.
- Responsible for managing projects through their life cycle from inception to post-release quality review signoff following defined project management methodology.
- Accept accountability for project’s timely and accurate delivery.
- Develop, publish, and maintain detailed project plans and estimates within the development process for internal projects and the client implementations process for large client-facing projects.
- Drive multiple projects with varying priorities and depth of scope concurrently.
- Provide periodic project status updates to all relevant stakeholders—noting any issues that may impact delivery including timeline or resource constraints, budget impacts, and scope changes—and escalating when necessary.
- Identify, control, and monitor risks and issues by monitoring and tracking project progress.
- Initiate mitigating action to resolve project problems/issues to ensure timely deliverables, program success, and quality implementation.
- Facilitate briefing sessions to ensure all impacted stakeholders are aware of relevant information from project initiation through post release quality validation.
- Ensure that all resources joining project team after kick-off are fully briefed and aware of their responsibilities and assigned deliverables.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Manage change request negotiations and obtain appropriate signoff.
- Manage project deliverables in line with the project plan.
- Facilitate client conference calls pertaining to project progress and publish meeting minutes.
- Facilitate daily prioritization/resourcing meetings
- Regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to the responsibilities of the Project Manager on a day-to-day basis.
- Make recommendations and advise the Project Management team relative to the function of all management, planning, negotiating, purchasing, business research, improving client services, developing systems, and procedures to streamline procedures, potential risks, solutions and initiatives required.
- Partner with business stakeholders to manage new project ideas.
- Stay current on project management practices by attending PMI meetings, reading professional publications, and seeking educational opportunities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Sense of humor with a desire to make work fun and enjoyable
- Prior project management experience with software/application development projects
- Minimum of 5+ yrs of experience in program and/or project management.
- Proven technical proficiency working within an application development environment
- Strong and tested project management skills to include stakeholder and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate work accurately and produce deliverables on time
- Strong inter-personal and team building skills with able to develop relationships and collaborate with developers, QA, infrastructure engineers, and support personnel
- Team player with a positive attitude, and professional demeanor
- Experienced and effective in conflict resolution
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communications skills required
- Expertise working with MS Project, and proficient in the MS Office product suite
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills required
- Strong, timely decision making skills required
- Effective time management skills essential
- Must be able to learn quickly, be flexible, and able to adapt to change
- Must be a self starter and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Proven technical capability/experience working within a software development environment.
- The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrate proactive and progressive increase in role and responsibilities
- Have worked in high pressure, high growth and high transaction environments
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Be able to work independently
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills for coordinating with staff
- Demonstrate a high standard for excellence
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- Be creative and innovative
- Can effectively estimate work and produce deliverables on-time.
- Possess strong negotiating skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Positive attitude and professional approach.
- Willingness to learn
- Understanding of software development methodologies a plus, to include agile methods; i.e. SCRUM, Kanban
- Prior experience in the Financial Services and/or Mortgage Services industry a plus
- BS Computer or Management related degree a plus
- Must be able to use a computer with a keyboard and mouse and a standard phone system.
- Must be comfortable working in a temperature-controlled environment.
If you enjoy the fun and feel of an entrepreneurial environment, but also thrive on building complex enterprise systems for an established business, WALZ may be the best fit for you!
Relocation assistance is available, WALZ offers an extensive benefits package for all full time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k!
WALZ is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.