Get new similar jobs by email for
Project / Program Manager 5 (D...
Project Manager 5 (Core Team Leader - Director Level)
White Plains, NY Area - Relocation Provided
Competitive Base Salary, 10-15% bonus, 6% 401K Match, 4 Weeks Paid Time Off
We have a newly created opening for a Project Manager 5 with a longstanding client; a multi-billion ($10B+) global medical diagnostics / instrumentation company. They have strong revenue growth, a stable environment, very low turnover, and offer the opportunity to work on customized, complex medical products that impact people's lives. The Business Unit Project Core Team Leader is responsible for leading a team of personnel in the planning, scheduling, tracking, coordinating, and monitoring of a project that results in the organizational and procedural modifications necessary to implement the material created.
The Program Manager will lead the implementation of quality improvements and process at the Business Unit level. This role is focused on transforming a BU organization and potentially culture as well. We need someone who has helped transition an organization into ISO, CMM, or CMMI, or rolled out a SAP implementation (or similar). There are lots of key, critical relationships this person will have with leaders in the organization (senior stake holders), and the right hire will need to influence these individuals. The Program Manager has a team of 5 direct reports, as well as coordinate a sub-team within the Business Unit (Site Heads, Quality Modules, etc). This is a very high level, visible role, within a leading global organization.
· Lead the "Core Team" consisting of dedicated and part-time BU personnel representing various functions in the definition of project scope, identification of project stake holders, scheduling of project tasks, tracking of project progress, and communication of project status to key stake holders.
· Take the Quality Transformation Program process documents and 1) determine impact on the Business Unit processes and operations (from manufacturing to product support etc) 2) create a plan to implement changes based on the impact assessments, and 3) execute and track progress
· Create and track a project budget and schedule.
· Conduct project meetings and create the necessary work products for project continuity and control (e.g. meeting minutes; action items; project risk management; change control on project budget, scope and schedule; resource management).
· Provide status reports and status briefings regularly to the Oversight Board. Provide reports and communications to key stake holders, and various management teams.
· Manage project and organizational complexity by analyzing issues, translating the issues into a decision framework, and then driving the organization to a decision.
· Create and maintain a relationship with the Program Office that allows the BU to influence the creation and modification of Global Procedures as the BU deployment reveals opportunities for improvement in the Global Procedures.
· Bachelor's Degree Required (Ideally technical capacity) Advanced Degree preferred, not required
· 6-10+ years of Project/Program Management experience, 3+ managing complex projects of teams. Roll out of some implementation (ISO, CMM/CMMI, SAP, etc) or process engineering experience strongly preferred.
· Must understand the product development process and general business understanding. Ideally medical experience, not required (regulated industry strongly preferred)
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired.
· Strong analytical skills to assess situations and drive decision making. Ability to coordinate across disciplines and integrate all aspects of business as they impact development projects including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources up, across, and down organization.
· Experience in producing written reports (i.e. published papers, company reports, etc.).
· Demonstrated effective written and oral communications skills.
· Familiarity with key software and decision making tools.
· Ability to function in a changing, high-impact position, with deadline and resource constraints.
· Capacity to achieve outcomes based on ability to facilitate and negotiate desired results