Herman & Kittle Properties— Property Manager
Location: Dayton, OH
Herman & Kittle Properties is seeking a Property Manager. This may sound like a job you’ve done before, but this is more than just a job—it’s a chance to work with a challenge-oriented and dedicated team of people, to take advantage of great benefits, and to work for a growing, healthy organization.
Why you’ll be proud to work at Herman & Kittle Properties
At HKP, we hold three values dear: Culture, Community and Commitment. We call them "The 3 C's" and we strive to make sure our work reflects these values.
· Culture: As a team, we add value to the work we do in a competitive environment. Our employees seek to learn and gain new skills through coaching, professional development, and continuous improvement.
· Community: We define our community as the HKP family, customers, neighborhoods, and partners. We will have a positive effect on each community in which we work.
· Commitment: We set clear goals and objectives; then, we persevere. Regardless of the challenge, we face it together. This may mean working after hours, extensive negotiations, or creative solutions, but we see it through to the end.
Sound like a company you’d like to be involved with?
Are you ready to take on the challenge and achieve success?
Then let’s talk about why you’ll like doing this work.
The property manager is responsible for the oversight and management of a specific apartment community. The property manager serves as an outstanding ambassador for the community and supports property goals and objectives.
You’ll find this job appealing because you will:
- Understand the financial goals of the property and make sure the property meets those goals; understand his or her responsibility for maintaining the property’s assets; manage the budget.
- Maintain strong resident relations, ensuring that residents are served well and satisfied with the community.
- Provide excellent customer service so that residents want to move into the property and remain there.
- Market the property through community outreach and by focusing on target markets.
- Oversee the leasing of apartments and ensure that occupancy rates are maintained.
- Direct property operations and staff in the most cost effective manner.
- Develop and manage annual budget.
- Hire staff, manage performance of staff and address all employee relation issues.
- Manage, motivate and develop staff.
- Process new applications, re-certifications and provide required information to compliance.
- Maintain compliance policies and procedures.
- Supervise rent collection, rent ledgers, bank deposits and petty cash records.
- Pursue delinquent rents and evictions and provide required information to collection company.
- Provide account information to the Regional Supervisor.
- Supervise resident relations and enforce all community rules and regulations.
- Supervise the maintenance staff, repairs, preventive maintenance and improvements.
- Supervise all landscaping, lawn care and snowplowing activities.
- Work with the Regional Supervisor to develop, monitor and achieve annual budget objectives.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
If this sounds like the job for you, then let’s look at what makes you the person for us.
As we review candidates for this role, we’ll be looking for these qualifications:
· Knowledge of the Affordable Housing Program required.
· Prior management experience with ability to demonstrate sound financial management functions required.
· Basic knowledge of maintenance functions and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is a necessary skill.
· Ability to demonstrate appropriate financial management functions and ability to work within budget is essential.
· Must have strong communication and people management skills.
· Must understand customers’ needs and respond to them, connecting them with the right solution; must be able to market and sell.
· Must be very organized, with a strong attention to detail; must stay on top of paperwork.
· Must be flexible and able to shift priorities if needed.
· Must demonstrate strong financial and analytical abilities.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
HOW YOU’LL BE REWARDED
We provide training to help you succeed!
Herman & Kittle Properties also offers a competitive compensation package, bonus potential, generous PTO & Holiday, health benefits (medical, vision, and dental), life insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. Starting salary will be $38,000-$42,000 annually, depending on experience.
And don’t plan to be bored in this job. There is never a dull moment at Herman & Kittle!
More about Herman & Kittle Properties
Herman & Kittle Properties, Inc. (HKP) is the successor to companies that have been around since 1948, and has developed and managed multi-family homes for over 60 years. We develop, build, manage and own multi-family rental housing and self-storage facilities. HKP has developed and managed properties in nine states including high-quality apartment complexes and self-storage facilities throughout the Midwest and the Gulf Region. We currently manage a portfolio of over 100 properties, including over 8,000 apartment homes and over 12,000 self-storage units.
Herman and Kittle Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.