Property Manager (Commercial)
We are seeking a high-energy, customer service-oriented Property Manager to join our commercial property management team.
General Job Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Portfolio Manager, a Property Manager is responsible for all phases of the operation of a property. This includes, but is not limited to, the general administration and maintenance of the property, direction and control of all personnel and resources while maintaining a stabilized fiscal operation.
· Review and understand all vendor contracts and enforce all requirements of the contract
· Ensure maintenance requests are completed in a timely manner
· Quick response to emergency situations at designated property
· Compile weekly/monthly reports/inspections advising on the status of the property, including but not limited to:
o Physical condition of the property
o Liability concerns
o Leased occupancies (weekly)
o Advertising – current and suggested
o Incident reports
o Tenant improvement projects
· Generate monthly Variance Reports
· Collection of rents, notices to pay or quit and unlawful detainer actions
· Maintain necessary records of all financial transactions of the property
· Be responsible for and maintain all petty cash funds and records
· Adhere to all appropriate company accounting directives, including budgeting
· Train and be responsible for work performed by all staff members under their direction, including administrative and maintenance staff
· Hire, counsel and terminate employees in accordance with the company’s policy and under the direction of the Portfolio Manager
· Perform written evaluations of employees and make recommendations for advancement
· Establish schedules and assign personnel for routine maintenance and emergency coverage.
· Conduct weekly staff meetings
· Real Estate License
· Broad knowledge of California Tenant/Landlord law
· Class A property management experience strongly preferred
· Excellent customer service skills
· Exceptional supervisory skills and leadership ability
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and to define problems, formulate and implement solutions
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, with prior experience with MRI is a plus
· Demonstrates initiative, professionalism, integrity, and exercises confidentiality of all areas of performance
· College degree preferred but not required
Douglas Emmett, Inc. (NYSE:DEI) is a Southern California-based real estate investment trust (REIT) active in the commercial office and multifamily property markets in California and Hawaii.
The Company's office portfolio includes 58 properties totaling approximately 14.7 million rentable square feet, and its multifamily portfolio consists of nine properties with a total of 2,868 units.
Douglas Emmett's properties are currently located in nine premier California submarkets - Brentwood, CenturyCity, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Olympic Corridor, Westwood, Sherman Oaks/Encino, Warner Center/Woodland Hills and Burbank - with a growing presence in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Douglas Emmett Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer