Get new similar jobs by email for
Psychiatrist Immediate Positio...
1. Has primary responsibility for the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric conditions arising in program participants according to demonstrated standards of care in conjunction with the clinical team.
2. Acts as liaison between other consultants participating in the program participant’s care.
3. Makes appropriate referrals to outside consultants.
4. Reviews all relevant laboratories and other testing performed on program participants and takes appropriate action.
5. Consults with families and guardians regarding psychiatric status of program participants, if requested.
6. Works in conjunction with nursing staff to assure the delivery of competent care.
7. Participates in the quality assurance (QA) review of medical records to meet all pertinent standards for timeliness, content, and quality.
8. Participates in training (in-services) as may be requested.
9. Participates in psychiatric education of program participants, family members, and staff as may be appropriate.
10. Conducts educational and community outreach activities if appropriate.
11. Perform all duties in an ethical and professional manner, supports the team concept and pursue professional growth and development.
12. Maintain harmonious relations with staff, program participants, parents/guardians and others.
13. Engages in research and publication as may be appropriate.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Skill, Knowledge and Abilities: Psychiatric Assessment; Psychoactive Medication Management; Behavioral Assessment; Individual and group counseling and mediation; effective interpersonal and communication skills – oral and written.
2. Education: Minimum of MedicalDoctorate or Doctor of Osteopathy with Board eligibility or Certification in Psychiatry.
3. Licensure: Current license to practice in the State of New Hampshire, current Driver’s License.
4. Experience: Completion of an approved residency training program and have at least two years of clinical participation with a medical facility program within the past ten years.