Get new similar jobs by email for
Public Sector Business Develop...
Public Sector Business Development
A trusted professional IT services firm, Vision Technologies (Vision) is helping reshape the way agencies across the government use technology and business policies and practices to improve the quality of services they deliver.
As a Public Sector Business Developer for Vision you must be an aggressive self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, articulate Vision Technologies’ service offeringsand business strategies, and create demand and close deals. You would have a keen ability to position "end to end" network and application performance management solutions and articulate partner teaming strategies to senior customer executives. You must possess demonstratedprocess knowledge for running a sales territory, including forecasting, quota attainment, sales presentations, short term, mid-term, long term opportunity identification, development and management. Some of the things you'll be doing include:
• Define and execute targeted account plans for assigned federal agencies and then meet and exceed bid/wingoals through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities in new and existing accounts
o Develop long term opportunitypipeline in the federal marketspace
o Take opportunities from initial contact to and through the entire procurement process
o Own the face-to-face interaction with the customer at appropriate levels while working to ensure/ coordinate senior Vision management customer face offs and meetings with appropriate customer counterparts
• Plan and direct team activities and objectives to maximize opportunity and winvolume as well as identify performance goals and measurements, partnering to obtain positive results
• Develop and manage opportunitypipeline, identify, qualify and develop opportunities, moving a large number of qualified opportunitiessimultaneously through the development phase to support assigned pipeline capture and win ratios
• Drive strategic deals and accounts to six-figure and seven-figure deal victories on a regular basis
• Coordinate resources throughout the business developmentcycle, including post awardsupport and recompete preparations.
• Manage and track customer and transactional information in applicable company system(s)
• Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast and performance
• Provide capabilities/ solutiondemonstration / presentation to prospective customers
• Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
• Directly support the development of responses for RFPs, RFI’s, RFQ’s, etc including writing assigned sections
• Practice effective, excellent communication with peers, management, customers and support staffs
• US Citizenship required
• Some Travel 25 - 50%
• Must have at least 5 years of public sector business developmentexperience and history of obtaining/exceeding $10M revenue targets.
• Enterprise IT Support & Consolidation Services, Managed Service Desk Solutions Center, Systems Engineering & Integration, Infrastructure Management, Management Consulting/Program Management Support, Converged Technologies, Software Engineering, Cyber Security and Telecommunications services knowledge is strongly preferred.
• This is a senior, business development position which requires the following sales skills:
o Accountrelationship identification, development and management skills
o Working knowledge of professional servicessolutions with an emphasis on federal government engagements
o Expertise working with a diverse partner base
o Demonstrated competence using a variety of business development and deal closingtechniques
o Demonstrated knowledge of working with complex technical accounts
o Understanding of government contracts and procurement vehicles is a must
o Extensive experience selling across a large organization from technical decision makers to CXO personnel within the Federal space is required
o Strong skills in communication, negotiation, organization, and teamwork