State of the Art Automobile Manufacturing Company (OEM) located in the SE is seeking an Environmental Engineer
Provide technical expertise, management assistance and team leadership in the Construction/Facilities Division for the Environmental discipline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- Interface with Management and Team Members on a daily basis during the installation, startup, operation and maintenance of plant facilities and equipment.
- Oversee all plant programs and activities for compliance with all environmental guidelines and regulations
- Oversee vendors performing outsourced maintenance programs and activities for their compliance with company, local, state and federal environmental guidelines and regulations.
- Provide technical guidance during plant modifications and additions.
- Assist in the development of staff training and continuing education.
- Conduct inspections of plant facilities, equipment, buildings, plant site, and surrounding areas to ensure conformance to management expectations as well as conformance to all standards and regulations.
- Provide assistance to all levels of Management regarding the evaluation of environmental and chemical issues and make recommendations for resolution.
- Work closely with Team Members on all daily construction, maintenance and production activities.
- Be familiar with all systems and procedures in order to protect Team Members, facilities, plant site and equipment.
- Interface with vendors, suppliers, equipment manufacturers, local officials, engineers and any other personnel necessary to ensure all equipment and work performed at this facility is in compliance with environmental guidelines and regulations to ensure plant and personnel safety.
- Must be able to work any shift in all shops.
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to a team member in this classification.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies):
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering, along with two (2) to five (5) years of progressive experience in environmental management or technical position in the industrial and manufacturing environment preferably within the automotive industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Level 1A E&S Control is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in both exercising company decisions and carrying out essential job duties that affect efficient business operations and its objectives, policies, practices, and conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with waste storage and disposal.
- Knowledge and experience with licensing and operation of VOC related oxidizers and equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with environmental and chemical operations in an industrial environment.
- Experience working with word processor, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications and/or software.
Please email resume to email@example.com