Get new similar jobs by email for
Quality Assurance Manager (For...
At Pinnacle Foods, we're driven by an entrepreneurial spirit that pushes us to challenge ourselves and conventional thinking. We stretch our creativity, ingenuity, and imaginations to continually reinvigorate our portfolio of iconic brands. Our innovative approach has made our legendary brands household names for decades, ranking #1 or #2 in 10 out of the 12 major categories in which we compete.
In more than 85% of America households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company as ranked by Fortune Magazine. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of 4,400 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 10 of the 12 major categories in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® and Vlasic® Farmer's Garden® shelf-stable pickles, Wish-Bone® and Western® salad dressings, Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups, Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Duncan Hines®, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fruit fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Freshlike® frozen vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged frozen meals, Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® frozen prepared seafood, Hungry-Man® frozen dinners and entrées, Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts, Lender's® frozen and refrigerated bagels, and Celeste® frozen pizza. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® kettle style potato chips, Erin's® popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® snacks in addition to our food service and private label businesses.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for food safety, governmental regulations, continuous improvement in the quality process, as well as recommending, developing and implementing a Plant Quality System to ensure process and product quality consistent with corporate objectives. This position directs the daily operations of the Quality Assurance function through quality leadership to uphold company policies, formulas, specifications and regulatory requirements, as well as ensures that all finished product meets product quality and food safety standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Develop and maintain plant quality systems in compliance with Corporate Quality Policy.
• Lead the food safety, sanitation, technical services and laboratory functions on all shifts.
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Ensure compliance to state, federal, and local regulations.
• Assure efficient and accurate testing, reporting, and monitoring of product safety and product quality.
• Develop and facilitate internal audits to determine/assess compliance to company policy and regulatory requirements.
• Maintain systems for checking, validating and verifying process compliance, including but not limited to SPC, HACCP Food Safety Plan, Food Quality Control Plan, and Formula Control to provide production departments with tools necessary for daily operations.
• Lead development and implementation of plant GMP, Hygiene and Sanitation programs.
• Ensure effective food safety and food quality training for plant team members and quality assurance staff.
• Advise the plant management team on food safety and food quality trends within the process and recommend appropriate corrective action.
• Prepare the annual operating budget for the Quality Assurance department.
• Facilitate the development of analytical methods and sampling procedures, as required.
• Advise the plant management on matters of food safety, food quality, process instruction, formulas, specifications and protocol requirements, as may be required to promote high product quality standard.
• Develop and facilitate internal audits to determine satisfactory performance of packaging components and the practice of sound warehousing procedures as they affect product quality.
• Manage plant pest control programs, as appropriate.
• Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
• Responsible for developing, validating, verifying and maintaining the plant’s SQF 2000 System including the: Food Safety Plans, Pre-requisite Programs and Food Quality Control Plans.
This position provides direct or indirect supervision, and is the principle contact for quality assurance inquiries and concerns.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Bachelor of Science, required.
• Bachelor of Science in Food Science or a related discipline such as chemistry, biology or microbiology, preferred.
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience managing plant quality assurance programs, or a combination of supervising or managing plant level food safety and food quality assurance programs and working with corporate quality assurance programs, required.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
• Team building skills and experience.
• Operations management experience, preferred.
• Experience managing plant sanitation programs, preferred.
• SQF Practitioner Certification and HACCP Certification required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization.
• Strong analytical skills using tools such as statistics, downtime tracking, mechanical history, project planning, etc. to identify opportunity areas.
• Creative/analytical problem solving skills.
• Ability to use innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
• Solid systems understanding and ability to identify improvement opportunities.
• Hands on leadership style.
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization.
• Dedication to achievement of results.
• Strong computer skills, including a proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Project Manager, Excel and Word.
• Excellent project management and prioritization skills.
• Ability to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.