Get new similar jobs by email for
Quality Assessment Nurse Manag...
GC HEALTH SERVICES, INC. page 1 of 2
TITLE OF POSITION : Quality Assessment Nurse Manager
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Nursing
DUTIES OF POSITION
Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of the continuous quality improvement (CQI) program and activities that support agency's objectives in delivering quality client care services.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSTION
1. Reviews Plan of Treatments.
2. Review of clinical notes in order to ensure plan of care is being followed.
3. Performs chart audits, with audit guidelines.
4. Assists in the implementation of approved recommendations, and assessing the agency's success in correcting clinical record deficiencies.
5. Regularly participates in case conference activities and assures through attendance and success in correcting clinical record deficiencies.
6. Reviews all reports of complaints, errors, incidents, and grievances to insure that they are fully documented and properly handled in the time-frame and manner specific by the Agency's policy.
7. Coordinates a program for risk management which encompasses written guidelines and provides for supervision of workers on cases with risk factors, such as: contagious disease, infections, AID's, hepatitis, high tech therapies, high tech equipment and supplies, and other situations in which the patient or worker is at risk.
8. Assists the director in evaluating and resolving employee complaints, grievances and turnover issues.
8. Performs other tasks as assigned by the administrator and DON.
9. Assures the confidentiality of clinical records.
10. Promotes and maintains an environment that is compliant with federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
11. Participates in development and implementation of staff educational program for documentation and quality improvement.
12. Works with administrative and supervisory personnel regarding home care visits to assure high quality and proper follow-up patient care with regard to patient needs.
13. Consults with physicians when necessary to ensure and maintain safe, efficient and quality patient care.
14. Performs chart audits and assists with case conferences.
15. Participates with other health, civic, education and professional groups as directed by the director of quality improvement, the administrator and the Director of nursing.
16. Keeps current on local area issues and works with organizations that work to improve the health and welfare of the community as directed by the administrator and the DON.
17. Experience in clinical records review is essential.
18. Assist with home visits, home health admissions, as needed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS page 2 of 2
1. Position may require meeting deadlines.
2. It requires minimal lifting of office records and printouts.
3. It is primarily a desk job which essentially involves sitting, standing, stooping, and walking as well as inordinate amount of telephone communication.
4. Traveling may be required, by car or airplane to local, out-of-town or state seminars, conferences or meetings.
5. The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing is required.
6. must maintain confidentially of all clinical records and information that pertains to QAPI program.
2. Must have a minimum of 5 years home health care experience is required
3. Must have experience in developing, implementing and evaluating continuous quality improvement programs and activities
4. Must have ability to demonstrate self/confidence and a positive attitude and maintain enthusiasm and commitment with respect to goal achievement.