Get new similar jobs by email for
The Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of the Quality Management System as well as key Quality Assurance and Quality Control initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the company’s Quality Management System including documentation preparation and change management.
- Prepares for and facilitates external audits of the Quality Management System and manages all follow up activities to reconcile audit findings.
- Develops product Quality Control documents used to communicate key technical information to suppliers and internal company users.
- Evaluates product samples (prototypes, initial samples and production samples) to ensure compliance to required Quality Control documents. Provides written reports of all evaluations.
- Assists or coordinates design validation studies and testing on new and existing products as required.
Supports Quality Control activities through the development of quality control plans used by both domestic and overseas inspectors to audit finished products both at the supplier’s factory and at the company’s receiving locations.
- Acts as the key technical interface for suppliers on quality related questions that cannot be routinely answered by Purchasing.
- Performs Project Management functions for key company initiatives relating to the ongoing development of the Quality Management System.
- Provides Quality Management input and expertise to the company
development and continuous improvement topics.
Other duties may be assigned.