Get new similar jobs by email for
Regional Safety Manager
In partnership with Regional leadership, directs the effective implementation of strategic safety initiatives that build and sustain the region’s culture of safety excellence. Leads and supports the Region’s safety function, validates adherence to requirements, goals and directs improvement planning efforts. Leads project teams to address program changes or issues that apply across the NA field businesses. Provides technical support on safety matters to region. Provides direction to Regional Safety and Health Manager I and contracted site safety professionals.
1. Directs the implementation of the business’ safety strategy at the Region-level and works with the business unit safety team to modify based on results.
2. Leads and develops a team of Regional safety professionals in the execution and sustainability of a results-oriented culture of safety excellence.
3. Educates and develops Regional and branch leadership in the behaviors that lead to a results-oriented culture of safety excellence.
4. Works closely with safety team to identify incident trends and initiates the modifications necessary on a Regional level. Shares trend information with safety counterparts in other Regions.
5. Works with the Regional team to address leadership roadblocks and provide recommendations on corrective action.
6. Directs incident investigation activities including the identification of root cause and corrective action and leads the Region’s Incident Review. Develops communication of lessons-learned to share incident across business.
7. Directs and leads the implementation of the Region’s safety programs and processes specific to the businesses at the Regional, Branch and project/site level where necessary.
8. Formulates Regional communication strategy for leadership to maintain a high level of safety awareness at the front line employee level. Validates strategy is effective and modifies as necessary.
9. Validates program and process implementation at all levels within Region—employee, leadership, project, branch. Reports and recommends action on findings to branch/Regional leadership.
10. Coaches leadership to take appropriate disciplinary action based on circumstances when employee unsafe behavior or leader disregard for their safety responsibilities is identified.
11. Conducts training based on specific need such as non-routine hazard, customer-requirement, injury trend data, etc., for all levels of region employees.
12. Finalizes and reports-out on safety performance metrics leading and lagging, including the completion of the Leader Safety Practices (i.e. Jobsite audits, monthly training, etc.) and progress against safety goals.
13. Conducts and documents the required audits and works with leadership team to develop, complete and track progress of improvement plan. Works with consultant where third party audits are required.
14. Presents and promotes Johnson Controls’ safety program and performance data to external customers based on need as established by the customer, sales or operations.
15. Leads a project focus team that is responsible for the development and/or modification of a core safety program or process that supports the Safety team’s overall goals and direction.
Bachelor’s degree required. Occupational or Environmental Safetypreferred. Minimum of ten years work experience in industrial and/or construction safety.
Experience with Multiple facility environment required.
Excellent verbal and written communicator with business acumen, strong analytical skills and the ability to influence and self-start.
Ability to travel 50-60%.