Get new similar jobs by email for
Dialysis Registered Nurse
The Registered Nurse assists the Clinic Manager and Charge Nurse in supervising and coordinating the activities of patient care technicians, enforces clinical and technical policies and procedures, collects and tracks clinical data, conducts daily patient care and facility operational assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensures compliance with policies and procedures as well as Federal and State regulatory agencies.
· Provides safe and effective dialysis treatment.
· Maintains HIPAA compliance.
· Monitors patient care to ensure that treatment is carried out as directed and administered in accordance with physician’s instructions.
· Administers treatment related medications following the facility’s policies and procedures.
· Orders or directs ordering of drugs, solutions, and equipment, and maintains complete records.
· Acts as a resource for staff members including training new staff members.
· Demonstrates knowledge of infection control procedures and wears appropriate personal protective equipment and directs employees to comply.
· Completes monthly and comprehensive assessments along with a plan of care for assigned patients.
· Organizes drawing of lab specimens, proper refrigeration, handling and shipping, monitoring results, and reporting to physician as necessary.
· Monitors testing procedures required for start-up and termination of dialysis treatment, including chlorine / chloramines testing done before each patient shift, or every four (4) hours.
· Provides patient with education about their disease and treatment plan.
· Review quality indicators to determine treatment changes based on accepted practice standards.
· Supports and maintains the philosophy of Corva by directing and enforcing standards of care.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Maintains current and valid licensure as a Registered Nurse and has at least 12 months experience as a nurse, which includes at least 6 months experience in dialysis.
· Supports CORVA’s philosophy and values in all aspects of clinic management.
· Current CPR certification and knowledge of medical emergency procedures including resuscitative measures.
Work Environment / Physicial Activity
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is frequently exposed to blood and occasionally to other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CORVA offers a competitive compensation package, medical and other benefits, 401(k), and an excellent opportunity for growth. CORVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.