The Registered Nurse Supervisor is responsible for the day to day coordination, management and report of all aspects of the Hospice Nursing Department; plans, organizes and directs hospice care; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising team members.
* Supervising other RNs, LVNs, CHHAs and Patient Care Coordinators
* Perform supervisory visits, completes an initial and comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine nursing diagnosis and hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
* Assesses and evaluates patient's status by - writing and initiating plan of care; regularly evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs; revising the plan of care as necessary.
* Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and health care instructions; answering questions.
* Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures; administers medications and treatment as prescribed by the physician in the plan of care.
* Assures quality of care; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following our hospice philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
* Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
* Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records using Consolo software program.
* Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping sensitive information confidential.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Clinical Skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance