Get new similar jobs by email for
Registered Nurse (RN) or LVN
**Please visit our career page www.centexobgyn.com/careers to view and apply for these positions.**
Central Texas OB/GYN Associates Care Center:
Oakwood Women's Centre (FT)
511 Oakwood Blvd
Round Rock, TX 78681
Purpose: Responsible for providing professional nursing care for patients while adhering to established policies and procedures. Responsible for a variety of pre, intra, and post encounter activities related to patient care.
· Manages the daily flow of patients through the office including greeting patients, preparing patients for examination, screening for information, and giving instruction on collection of samples and tests.
· Screens patient calls to the physician; handles all calls that do not require the physician’s intervention, ensuring that phone calls are returned in a timely manner.
· Triage unscheduled patients to the care center and implement appropriate interventions.
· Provides general nursing care, administers prescribed medications, and treats patients according to nursing standards.
· Ensures treatment areas are safe, organized, clean, have well-functioning equipment, and supplies are adequate.
· Assists Physician during examination and treatment of patients.
· Observes, records, and reports patient’s condition to Physician.
· Educates patients and their family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition, and maintenance of health and wellness.
· Maintains and reviews patient’s records and charts post tests and examination results.
· Reviews lab results and notifies Physician of abnormalities and communicates recommended treatment to patient.
· Takes appropriate action for medical and non-medical emergencies occurring within the office.
· Assists in surgery scheduling as needed.
· Promote quality patient care and customer satisfaction.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education, & Experience:
· Requires Registered Nursing Degree and Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
· Requires at least 1 year of professional nursing experience, OB/GYN experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of professional nursing theory, regulations and practices to give and evaluate patient care.
· Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish and maintain a safe work environment.
· Possesses a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
· Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
· Must have basic computer knowledge.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Must have BLS certification.
· Ability to maintain quality control standards.
· Ability to handle high patient volume.
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time and perform other physical demands including walking, reaching, bending, and lifting.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
· May require ability to climb ladder to retrieve and file patient medical records, and store supplies.
· Must be able to handle difficult situations in a professional manor and maintain confidentiality.