Get new similar jobs by email for
Registered Nurse (RN)
Graduate from an accredited program in nursing. Currently licensed as an RN in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. At least two (2) years clinical experience in an ambulatory setting desirable. Ability to be creative and deal with a diverse population. Must have good oral and written skills. Must be CPR certified.
HOURS OF WORK:
Flexible work hours which average 40 hours per week but not less than 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday, excluding lunch; however, hours of work and days worked may be adjusted to meet operational needs of the department.
Patient care setting; travel required.
Moderate risk of exposure to hazardous chemicals such as isopropyl alcohol, potassium hydroxide, sodium hypochlorite, etc.
High risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens.
High risk of exposure to tuberculosis and other infectious diseases that can be transmitted in healthcare/childcare setting.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Utilize clinical judgment to increase access to care and maximize clinical outcomes.
· Promote GPHA’s vision and mission to staff, patients and the public at large.
· Maintain confidentiality regarding patient\client and employee information.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Coordinate patient flow and service provision so that clinical and productivity objectives are met and/ or exceeded.
· Perform timely and accurate assessment and assignment of “walk-in” and appointment patients according to policy document.
· Provide direct clinical services in accordance with Nursing Protocols, Clinical Policies and Procedures and other departmental/ corporate policy, procedure and protocol manuals.
· Obtain complete age/ gender-appropriate patient histories; coordinate office visit preparation for patients with complex needs.
· Provide counseling and health education to patients and their families according to need, provider orders or patient request, including but not limited to pre- and post-HIV antibody test counseling and HIV related medication adherence assessment/ counseling, prenatal education and smoking cessation.
· Assess completeness of care; work collaboratively with providers, allied health and support staff to ensure treatment plans are implemented.
· Administer immunizations, injections, and medications according to protocol or standing orders.
· Perform timely, thorough and accurate documentation of all care rendered, including patient education, in the medical record.
· Develop and maintain administrative and clinical knowledge base relevant to GPHA’s scope of services, regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
· Perform Medical Assistant Proficiency Assessment according to protocol.
· Participate in quality of care and practice improvement initiatives.
· Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, on-site training sessions and case conferences.
· Audit and order “crash kit,” oxygen and emergency supplies per protocol. Assist in maintenance of medication closet according to policy document. Provide interface with pharmaceutical company representatives;
· Participate in immunization campaigns, health fairs and other community outreach events.
· Utilize practice management system as needed.
· Maintain compliance with CME and other credentialing requirements.
· Perform vital signs, EKG, venipuncture, in-office laboratory tests and other procedures as backfill function during short staffing.
· Maintain a courteous and professional demeanor toward patients, staff members, and all guests of GPHA and perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
· Adhere to all policies, procedures, and protocols governing infection control, disposal of infectious/hazardous waste, and handling of hazardous materials. Follow guidelines and instructions detailed in GPHA’s OSHA/Infection Control Manual.
· Adhere to all policies and procedures concerning fire safety, management of medical emergencies, natural disasters, and other safety concerns, according to protocols, guidelines and instructions detailed in GPHA’s Clinical Policies and Procedures Manual and all other manuals concerning such issues.
· Provide services, as directed, at facilities other than a GPHA location in the event that an incident that compromises the safety, security or integrity of the United States of America should occur.
PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Clinically function under the direct supervision of health center providers at all times.
· Function under standing orders and protocols as applicable.
· Maintain confidentiality regarding patient information.
· Perform other tasks as assigned by the Medical Director.
· AssistHealthCenter Administrator in supervision of MAs by monitoring Medical Assistants’ clinical performance, delegating assignments and scheduling lunch breaks to maintain maximum productivity and efficient patient care.