Get new similar jobs by email for
Registered Nurse (RN)
MISSION: The mission of the Long Island FQHC, INC. is to increase access to comprehensive primary and preventive health care and to improve the health status of the community, especially for the underserved and vulnerable.
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
REPORTS TO: Director of Primary Care Transitions-CNO
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
· Responsible for managing the care of the vulnerable patients post discharge and ensuring that patients receive optimal care including education, chronic disease management, preventive, care across multiple health settings by multiple physicians/providers
· Organizing, coordinating and providing care coordination and case management services
· Provide health education and counseling of patients/families regarding diagnosis, treatments, and the importance of adherence
· Conduct educational workshops and programs
· Identify, refer, follow-up with team to address patient needs
· Collaborate with Interdisciplinary team to address complex cases
· Assist Nurse Practitioner, as needed
· Other duties as assigned
· License to practice as a Registered Nurse
· At leat two years of relevant experience
· Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Power point
· Bilingual in English and Spanish or Creole required
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
MORE INFORMATION: This position is offered under a two year Grant.
The LIFQHC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual preference and orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap/disability in each aspect of the human resources function. Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The LIFQHC shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.