SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Reimbursement Manager is responsible for managing the process and staff to maximize cost effective performance of the regional billing center in achieving accounts receivable financial goals. This position will ensure the delivery of quality service and results through process development, adherence to company best practices, and development of staff on a continual basis. This position strives to fulfill the mission of Numotion, Inc. at all times while at work.
- Manages the direction of Reimbursement Supervisors and staff in achieving financial results as a primary function.
- Directly manages 2-8 supervisors.
- Uses reports to identify areas to focus on and to improve results.
- Routinely holds unit meetings to communicate changes, share direction, results, and identify trouble areas.
- Independently makes decisions on write offs and adjustments, with authority to approve up to $1,500 per claim.
- Evaluates supervisory staff performance; annual reviews.
- Counsels with supervisors on staff discipline as needed.
- Provides final decisions and approvals on hiring Billing & Collections Coordinators.
- Researches and works internally and externally (with payers) to solve problems: resolve account receivable challenges and payer trends.
- Responds to and resolves escalated phone calls and emails from internal and external customers.
- Utilizes the Contracting team and Corporate Counsel, where appropriate, for counsel or specific assistance in collecting cash or resolving other issues.
- Manages the month end close; performs light accounting; prepares and communicates monthly overview reports in writing and verbally.
- Ensure all billing and collections practices follow company best practices and state/federal regulations.
- Assists in supervisor workloads for the department during staff absences.
- Administers the department Incentive plans.
- Provides final approval and ensures timely, accurate submission of audits.
- Attend payer seminars and educational events
- Reviews industry literature and communicates pertinent information to direct reports.
- Mentors staff and identifies those that are promotable.
- Perform related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates degree required.
- Minimum four years of related supervisory experience required.
- Able to effectively delegate work assignments fairly and appropriately.
- Collaborates effectively with other management teams, as well as other groups and teams throughout the organization.
- Able to accept accountability and demonstrates a willingness to seek solutions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups, both professional and non-professional, co-workers, management personnel, the public and others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Able to assess situations and make sound decisions.
- Skilled in written and verbal communication, listening, organization and prioritization.
- Listens well and retains instructions; accepts constructive feedback from supervisor.
- A track record of being consistent with attendance and prompt arrival at work and meetings.
- Understands and is aware of budgets and/or financial goals.
- Plans and organizes effectively to achieve productivity goals.
- Able to use technology to optimize efficiency.
Numotion is an equal opportunity employer.