Posting date: June 4, 2014
As a member of the DNA Development team responsible for understanding and performing daily testing of reagents for development, improvement, and troubleshooting HLA gene typing products or related projects.
- Responsible for understanding and implementing relevant company and department policies and procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for maintenance of a safe work environment including proper staff training in laboratory safety procedures, maintenance and stocking of proper safety equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for understanding and performing daily testing of reagents for development, improvement, and troubleshooting HLA gene typing products or related issues.
- Attendance and participation in scheduled planning meetings and/or status meetings.
- Manage and maintain required reagents (reference samples, assay buffers, and labeling reagents, etc.), laboratory environment and equipment needed to carry out assigned projects.
- Assist in maintenance and updating of all required SOP’s and quality records of equipment maintenance, tests, analyses and other relevant data.
- Manage and prioritize daily assignments approved by Supervisor, Research Manager or Vice President to ensure completion of the assignments.
- As a member of a designated project team, actively participate in intra-department meetings and assist other project teams to resolve technical/operational issues and/or provide support.
- Collaborate closely with other teams in DNA department to complete highest priority work as directed.
- Provide technical assistance in development of DNA-based molecular typing reagents for HLA and related genes for clinical use.
- This position interacts with the laboratory staffs including project leaders and general laboratory staff members in coordinating daily activities.
Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory and business data. He/she is expected to maintain work schedules as assigned. This position will on a timely basis notify immediate supervisor of status and completion of assigned work projects/tasks. In addition, he/she will ensure that safe laboratory procedures and protocols are followed at all times especially in the application of universal precautions in handling of all blood and blood byproducts. All laboratory personnel are expected to notify their immediate supervisors of any unsafe conditions and/or practices and to take appropriate corrective actions.
- B.S. in the Biological Sciences of Chemistry.
- Specific knowledge of molecular biology and recombinant DNA techniques.
- Perform laboratory bench work.
- Communicate effectively with minimal supervision.
- Work as a cooperative member of a research team.
- Plan and organize oneself in a reliable and consistent manner.
- Prepare and present production reports to management regarding daily activities.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory information, perform computer data entry
in a conscientious manner.
1. New Hire Orientation
2. Bloodborne Pathogen – Universal Precautions
3. Corporate Quality Policy
5. Workplace Integrity
6. Department Procedures:
*Position not budgeted for relocation