Posting date: March 31, 2014
As a member of the Molecular Biology team responsible for understanding and performing daily testing and troubleshooting products or related projects. The purpose of this role is to provide technical and analytical assistance in development of DNA-based molecular typing reagents for HLA and related genes for clinical use.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct experiments in DNA/oligo quantification, gene amplification, sequencing, and reverse SSO assay and other relevant experiments in molecular biology or related field.
- Comply with all quality policies and actively participate in maintenance and updating of all required SOP’s and quality records of equipment maintenance, tests, analyses and designing experiments as needed.
- Manage and prioritize daily assignments approved by Supervisor, Research Director of VP to ensure completion of the assignment.
- Manage and maintain required reagents, laboratory environment and equipment needed to carry out assignment.
- Collaborate closely with other teams in the department to complete highest priority work as directed.
- Responsible for understanding and implementing relevant company and department policies and procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for maintenance of a safe work environment including proper staff training in laboratory safety procedures, maintenance and stocking of proper safety equipment and supplies.
- Attendance and participation in schedules planning meetings and/or status meetings.
Education/Training Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in the Biological Sciences or related field.
- Courses and bench experience in genome studies recommended.
- Basic course work in molecular biology, nucleic acid chemistry or equivalent.
- Recent hands on experience and theoretical understanding in development of genotyping product for polymorphic gene system under GMP or equivalent experience.
- Must be highly motivated individual with minimal supervision.
- Current genotyping techniques and software-based analysis.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Laboratory setting. Occasionally sit in front of monitor utilizing PC for data input and/or analysis.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.