Get new similar jobs by email for
RESIDENCE MANAGER- A management position with direct care responsibilities. Accountable for the daily operation of the residence. Duties include direct care, staff supervision, household and financial management. Flexibility and experience required. Position available in Bedford, Billerica, Bridgewater, Chelmsford, Danvers and Hyde Park.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To report all residence and staff needs to your supervisor.
To oversee and direct all internal affairs of the residence.
To develop and promote a warm, homelike, cooperative atmosphere in the residence for both staff and individuals.
To ensure that the daily operations of the residence are run smoothly, efficiently, and in a manner appropriate to the health, safety, and programming needs of individuals and staff.
Participate in the process and make recommendations in the hiring and terminating of employees.
Supervise the entire staff.
To ensure proper orientation of new staff according to agency training policies.
To hold weekly staff meetings, thereby ensuring open communication among the staff to develop a team process so that the individual skills and talents of all staff members are utilized.
To supervise a daily schedule for staff to ensure 24 hour coverage.
To maintain a complete and accurate record keeping system for each individual to be kept on file in the residence in accordance with its policy of record keeping.
To develop, update, and implement ISP's for each individual in cooperation with other residence staff, day service staff, family members, and significant others.
12. To maintain appropriate contact with families of individuals.
13. To develop and follow through on appropriate recreational activities for individuals.
14. To oversee the sound expenditures of individual income and accurate financial record keeping.
15. To maintain appropriate household records as pertain to household expenses. To authorize payment of all household bills as outlined in the monthly budget. To oversee and implement the internal house budget, keeping expenses within budget limitations.
17. To follow through on all individual medical needs and to maintain contact with medical, dental, and mental health back up services, and to develop new medical service procedures as needed.
18. To teach individuals in self-preservation skills and to develop fire and emergency procedures, which may require going up and down stairs.
19. To follow the regulations outlined by agencies responsible for licensing and approving the residence and be responsible for coordinating the re-licensing procedures.
20. To meet weekly with your supervisor for supervision and discussion of clinical and administrative issues.
Perform staff evaluations as outlined in TILL’s policy manual.
Involve staff in the overall goals and institute procedures for involvement which encourages good staff morale.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Be available for emergency coverage of the residence.
2. Approve staff vacation and holiday time in accordance with TILL policies.
3. Represent TILL's residential programs to the public and to maintain a good public image in the community at large.
4. Notify the appropriate personnel of the physical maintenance needs of the residence.
5. Attend in-service training sessions.
6. Work cooperatively with your supervisor on terminations and new referrals to the residence as needed.