Everyone has a Shakey's story. Whether hanging' out on Saturday nights or celebrating with birthday or sports team balloons and fun, everyone smiles and tells the tale.
We're looking for a fun-loving, service-minded Shift Lead to join the Shakey's Fun and help create new Shakey's stores and memories for our guests.
ESSENTIAL DUES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Consistently practice Shakey's Signature Service standards to ensure a quality, fun Shakey's experience.
- Demonstrate Fun, Integrity, Energy, Empowerment and Respect at all times.
- Fill "player and coach" role during peak revenue periods by supporting Manager-in-Charge. Shift Leader is deployed to a specific position.
- Ensure Team Members are properly deployed for their shift and "talked into and out of" position. Assign and monitor primary and secondary job duties.
- Open and close the restaurant with responsibility for cash handling, assisting with receiving products, monitoring prep levels and restaurant cleanliness.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all restaurant operations positions.
- Understand and uphold appropriate regulatory agency standards (health, safety, etc.)
- Train Team Members to proficiency in all restaurant operations positions up to and including certification.
- Assist Manager-in-Charge in ensuring compliance with all labor laws (i.e., breaks, minor, etc.).
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly logs are maintained (i.e., Waste Log, Food Safety and Sanitation checklist, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 years Quick-serve or Fast-Casual restaurant operations experience.
- Bi-lingual: English-Spanish, preferred.
- Experienced in Trainer role.
- Flexible schedule; evenings and weekends a must.
- Minimum age: 21
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Viewed as a leader by peers.
- Guest-focused approach to business.
- Demonstrates integrity, trust, ethics and values.
- Certified in all Team Member positions.
- Basic computer literacy and 10-key ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, an individual is regularly reqired to stand and walk for long periods of time. Ability to lift and/or carry up to 40 lbs. Ability to work with restaurant equipment (knives, can openers, pots and pans, etc.) Bending stooping, reaching, twisting, grasping, pinching, tasting and smelling. Reaching/lifting above shoulders. Occasional work with hot oil and ovens. Ability to work with cleaning solutions. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENTS: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an individual encounters wjhile performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is loud.
Shakey's values the diverse experiences our Team Members bring to our team and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.