If you enjoy fine jewelry & timepieces, then this is the job for you! In this role you will be responsible for presenting and selling fine jewelry to customers while providing outstanding customer service. You will also be responsible for clerical and administrative tasks, including (but not limited to) filing customer information, computer data entry, basic word-processing, spreadsheet entry, and general opening/closing procedures.
LaLonde Jewelers is seeking part-time candidates. Must be available for work on Wednesday and Saturday, with up to one additional day (Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday). Saturday work is non-negotiable.
About the Organization
For over 80 years, LaLonde Jewelers & Gemologists has catered to generations of savvy Grosse Pointers. Our success over the years is a direct result of our commitment to honesty, integrity, quality and value. Our customers know that LaLonde Jewelers offers the absolute finest quality diamonds, colored stones, timepieces and giftware.
We offer a large selection of fine jewelry, timepieces, and giftware, estate and antique jewelry, and pre-owned luxury timepieces.
LaLonde Jewelers completed a whole store renovation in December of 2013, further exemplifying our commitment to providing the best retail jewelry shopping experience!
Duties & Responsibilities
Primarily responsible for ensuring a great customer experience and maximum profitability.
- Meets company sales goals by utilizing sales techniques and communicating product knowledge to the customer; recommends merchandise selections or helps to locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Performs various sales and register transactions including ringing purchases, processing of cash or credit payments and counting money.
- Maintains an awareness of customers to both increase service levels and reduce security risks; remains current on policies regarding payment and exchanges, customer service, security practices, and other applicable operations.
- Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions; maintains pricing and marketing standards.
- Builds and maintains a solid customer following through building brand loyalty and clienteling.
- Maintains standards in merchandise handling, presentation, loss prevention, and all other duties as directed by Management.
- Answers telephone calls promptly and professionally. Delivers phone messages to management personnel accurately and timely.
- Evaluate, log, and follow through with jewelry and timepiece repairs.
- Carefully and efficiently places jewelry into showcases during opening procedures and removes jewelry from showcases during closing procedures.
- Other clerical and administrative duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Retail jewelry experience highly desired!
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, internet/email proficiency, ability to learn Point-of-Sale software.
- Prior experience in retail / wholesale jewelry strongly preferred.
- Preference given to candidates with Gemological Institute of America (GIA) training.
- Exceptional work ethic. Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends is required.
- Candidates may be subject to drug testing and background search.