Get new similar jobs by email for
Retail Store Manager
What We Do:
As the premier university bookstore company, we are deeply committed to supporting the academic mission of the colleges and universities we serve. By providing an environment that encourages the love and use of books, our objective is to be part of the student learning experience and to provide faculty with the resources they need.
Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC, operates college bookstores at more than 600 institutions of higher education including Columbia University, California State University at Los Angeles, Yale University, University of Pennsylvania, and the Coops at Harvard.
Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC, prides itself on people and service. Our employees are trained and experienced to run the best college bookstores in the country. We are dedicated to supporting the goals of the college and universities we serve, contributing to education and providing opportunities for our employees' professional advancement and personal growth.
Who wouldn't want to be part of our team?
Troy University Bookstore
We are looking to hire a superior customer oriented, experienced store manager for an efficient, cost-controlled, well-merchandised, and profitable bookstore that best serves the academic community and Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC. Candidates must demonstrate exceptional customer service, communication and leadership skills and possess the ability to motivate staff. A minimum of 2 years retail Store Management experience and computer skills are required.
· Maintains company merchandising standards; fully participates in general merchandising buying programs
· Ensures the proper procedure of textbook cycle of adopting, purchasing, selling, and returning of textbooks
· Improves and monitors performance on a monthly basis to promote optimal store growth
· Maintains positive relationships with campus clients
· Recruiting, hiring, evaluating, training and developing store personnel
· Constant communication with Regional Manager and Home Office
· College degree preferred
· 2+ years customer service experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Knowledge of Word and Excel
· Must have previous retail management experience
· Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends
To apply, please email resume & salary requirements to
Bobby Hamous, Regional Manager, email@example.com