Summary: To provide support to the hospital’s Risk Management Department.
- Review and complete all on-line event reports and assist Director of Risk Management in determining applicability of reports being sent to the PSO.
- Investigates potential compensable events as determined by occurrence reports, patient and visitor complaints, and the Director, Risk Management.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of compliance with federal/state regulations in regards to mandatory reporting and assists the Director, Risk Management in the reporting of events according to state/federal regulations.
- Reviews occurrence reports for early identification of high-risk areas and consults with the department director/manager for follow-up.
- Works with clinical areas to evaluate their risk and loss potential and assist in developing programs to reduce it.
- Provides quarterly statistical data to department directors/managers regarding patterns and trends of patient occurrence.
- Acts as a resource to Hospital and Clinical staff in Risk Management related day to day issues.
Education: In addition to the skills normally obtained through completion of a High School education, you must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing or related health/science program. B.S.N. Degree and CPHRM preferred.
Experience: Five years nursing experience (licensure to practice as a RN in Rhode Island).
Prior Risk Management experience preferred.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY