Get new similar jobs by email for
Patient Relations/Risk Manager...
Patient Relations/Risk Manager
Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Ontario Oregon
Duties and Responsibilities
Investigates Event Reports submitted in VOICE and identifies major trending patterns. Analyzes allegations of claims against the organization, complaints and provides corresponding documentation. Interviews employees, patients, families, and physicians for details of events. Documents chronological summaries of events and researches processes in a clinical/legal perspective. Participates in the legal, claims and risk reduction strategy with the Risk Management team. Will travel between SAHS sites as required. This position also supports the Patient Relations Process by serving as a coordinator, liaison and educator in regards to the patient and family concerns and CMS grievance process.
· Licensed in the State of Oregon as a Registered Nurse required; BSN strongly preferred.
· Minimum 3 years of nursing experience.
· Ability to ascertain clinical course of patient from documentation
· Strong critical thinking skills.
· Experience in understanding both state and federal healthcare regulations and national accreditation standards desirable.
· Able to demonstrate knowledge of standards pertaining to nursing, caregiver, and physician care.
· Intermediate/Advance computer skills with an emphasis on MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal & written.
· Conflict management experience and de-escalation techniques preferred.
· Excellent written and oral communication and team building skills.
· Demonstrated ability to create and deliver presentations through the use of
· PowerPoint or other presentation tools.
· Ability to work independently and interdependently with equal success.
· Ability to facilitate group meetings.
· Ability to serve on-call after hours and weekends. Must possess a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
Shift Full Time, Days 0800-1700
To apply online, please visit www.saintalphonsus.org/ontario