The Safety Manager is responsible for providing the leadership to drive the safety initiatives for all Live Support Operations (i.e. Feed Mills; Loadout Crews; Vaccination Crews; ERM Maintenance; Truck Wash; WHSE).
Responsible for developing, implementing and managing all Live Support Operation safety compliance policies/procedures to ensure compliance with local, state and federal agencies with the primary emphasis on continuous improvement to effectively control incident and health exposures in the workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Live Support Operation management and staff to ensure management personnel have a working knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations and standards to maintain a safe work environment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a management safety system focused on employee involvement, safety performance, injury prevention, and continuous improvement. Collaborate with operational management to proactively implement employee safe work practices/behaviors.
- Develop, implement and manage all Live Support Operation safety policies/procedures and records in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Plan, implement, and coordinate an accident prevention program, to enhance our operational efficiencies.
- Design and conduct comprehensive safety audits and provide follow-up to ensure corrective action is identified and timely implemented.
- Drive timely completion of corrective action associated with near-miss incidents, incident investigations and compliance
- Develop and deliver training to supervisors/managers on incident prevention and investigation of all near misses and injuries.
- Develop, coordinate, and lead the discussions with the appropriate senior management and supervisory personnel on all near misses and recordable injuries via an Incident Review Board to ensure root cause is identified and corrective action is implemented timely.
- Provide a review of all safety related topics for the company's new hire orientation, to ensure new employees are introduced to our goals of a safe working environment.
- Present and review monthly safety performance statistics to senior management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a safety or related field of study with at least 3 years of related experience preferred;
- Proven work history and successful track record of continuous improvement; developingsafety policies/procedures; developing and delivering safety training to a wide audience and ability to "train-the-trainer"; OSHA, EPA knowledge.