Get new similar jobs by email for
Marketing and Advertising Sale...
Outside Sales Position – Marketing & Advertising
Enthusiastic. Hardworking. Caring. Positive. Successful. These are just some of the characteristics that make up the people of American Marketing & Publishing (AMP). Do you have sales talent and a passion for helping small business owners grow their businesses? Are you looking to accelerate your earnings and your career? We offer a base salary, uncapped commissions and bonuses, and great training. If you are a proven sales professional, or a simply a smart, talented person looking to grow your income as you begin a career in sales, we’d like to talk with you.
We are one of the fastest growing print and digital advertising sales companies in the nation. Since starting in business 17 years ago, we’ve grown steadily and consistently to become a company with 350 full time employees that now serves nearly 50,000 established small business clients in ten states. Our business is focused almost exclusively on meeting the advertising and marketing needs of independent, family owned businesses in close-knit small and suburban communities. We are experts at helping business owners advertise intelligently to their local community. At American Marketing & Publishing, our mission is to help our clients win more customers – by being highly visible and easy to find, by presenting themselves in a highly credible manner, and by standing out from their competitors.
We provide our customers with effective, practical advertising solutions online, in print, and in mobile marketing. In print, we publish the HomePages® Directories in 500 close-knit small and suburban towns. This inexpensive form of foundational print advertising fits the marketing budgets of our clients and generates for them a very profitable and steady return. Our traditional print advertising also positions us as a trusted vendor to these small businesses to assist with their digital marketing needs.
We work with thousands of small business owners who rely on us to manage their online listings, digital content, and consumer reviews at Google, Yelp, Yahoo, Bing, and other third party sites. Our OPTIMA™ Visibility and Reputation Management Services are straightforward, uncomplicated, highly effective, and inexpensive. They produce great results for our customers.
In the mobile advertising space, we own the CloseBy® Text Marketing Platform, and we have become one of the largest providers of commercial text message marketing services to independent businesses in the United States.
Whether it is print, online visibility, business reputation management, content hosting, or mobile marketing, we see intelligent local marketing as critical to the success of our customers. Our product set is compelling. It is needed by the customers we call on, and inexpensive compared to the offerings of our competitors. Our products are highly effective at improving our client’s businesses. They are also fun to sell, and satisfying, because we win alongside and with our customers.
Our Leadership & Opportunity:
Expansion, growth, and practical innovation are the core of our corporate culture here. Our company's 17 year record of stability with rapid growth provides team members with tremendous opportunity for personal and professional advancement. We believe that homegrown management produces the very best leaders and are proud that 100% of our management team started at AMP doing the work they now manage. We take personal development seriously, from paid new rep training to ongoing training and leadership development with our executive team.
We hire achievers who are looking to put the pedal to the floor in their career. Our employees are motivated by the freedom of uncapped earnings potential, combined with a base salary and excellent benefits (Blue Cross/Blue Shield, car allowance, 401K, paid time off). Our work is not for everyone, but if you want to join a group of winning people who produce winning results for their customers, we should talk!
* Base salary, uncapped commissions, and bonuses (average first year earnings $55,000, overall company average $75,184)
* Regular recognition & incentive contests including Leadership Summit Trip for top performers
* Extensive paid professional training programs including Initial Sales Training; Company Conferences; Leadership Development Program for personal and career development lead by company executives
* Excellent Health Benefits (Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO), Prescription Drug, Vision (VSP),
Dental (Delta Dental), Disability & Life Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with discretionary company match
* Car and cell phone allowance
* No overnight travel; protected, local sales territories
* 24 Paid Time Off Days including 15 personal/vacation days and 9 additional paid holidays
* Career advancement opportunities to senior sales positions & management with 100% promote from within culture
* Work in a positive, encouraging and enthusiastic environment
Responsibilities & Requirements:
* Sell our entire product portfolio, including HomePages® Directories, OPTIMA™ and CloseBy® Text Marketing by offering to all the businesses within your protected territory.
* Grow your protected territory by selling new business while renewing and growing current customers that will be given to you.
* Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to work independently and with accountability for results
* Ability to work 40 hours or up to 44 hours in the field selling per week and appropriate time outside of work for planning and preparation
* Be comfortable with a fun, rewarding, fast paced, pavement pounding, deadline driven, presentation-oriented position with a short sales cycle, and many times, a one-call close.
* Bachelor’s Degree, preferred although not required
* Must be able to make a great first impression and build instant rapport.
* Must be highly organized and demonstrate excellent follow-up skills.
* Must enjoy hunting sales and have enthusiasm for in-person, business-to-business sales.
* Must demonstrate good judgment and consistent professionalism while working with all members of the business community
* Must be concise and confident asking for the sale
* Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable, insured transportation* We are an Equal Opportunity Employer