What’s unique about this opportunity?
- In beautiful Atlanta, GA
- A Fortune 1000 company
- Introduction to PCI Industry
- Invest in training and development
The Threat Analyst will be responsible for monitoring systems and networks to identify malicious activities and events. The Threat Analyst reviews, analyzes, and reports information related to malicious activities identified by the MSSP. He/she is responsible for notification and escalation of events to proper authorities for evaluation and response.
- The Security Analysis will be responsible for monitoring systems and networks to identify malicious activities and events.
- The Analyst reviews, analyzes, and reports information related to malicious activities identified by the MSSP.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and implement innovative strategies for monitoring and preventing attackers
- Packet capture/evaluation (e.g., TCPDump, ethereal/Wireshark, NOSEHAIR).
- Develop basic IDS / IPS rules to identify and/or prevent malicious activity
- Read logs for unusual events
- Participate in 1st or 2nd security operations center shift schedule
- Operational experience with security issues and access control mechanisms to prevent unwanted access.
- Experience with two or more of the following tools: SIEMs like ArcSight, QRadar or EnVision; SourceFire, Proventia, TippingPoint (or other IDS); EnCase, Netwitness, Tenable Nessus, DLP, Snort
- 2 – 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible information security or information technology positions with at least 2 years of security-focused experience.
- Experience identifying security risks and end exploits, including design weaknesses, injection attacks, software vulnerabilities, and web-based attacks.
- Ability to classify security incidents, determine necessary actions, and follow through until the security threat is eliminated.
- In-depth experience in network protocols, including detailed packet analysis, and intermediate understanding of firewalls, routers, IDS, and IPS.