Senior Business Analyst
Berkley Risk is a nationwide provider of insurance management services. We design and manage various traditional and alternative insurance mechanisms which typically allow our customers to benefit from efforts to reduce the cost of risk. We unite the underwriting, loss control, claims and statistical disciplines to provide a total risk management solution. This interdisciplinary approach drives down the cost of risk through increased communication and coordination.
Our home office is in beautiful, downtown Minneapolis. Berkley is a member company of W.R. Berkley Corporation (www.wrberkley.com), one of the most prominent and respected companies in the property-casualty insurance industry.
This position will provide continuity between the business functions and application programmer in designing, developing, and programming of systems applications. It will also provide technical assistance to business partners and business knowledge assistance to application programmers.
- Develop business specifications for complex application systems.
- Coordinate systems development activities with business partners.
- Lead a team in the development and implementation of application systems.
- Analyze complex business issues and problems with the purpose of providing systems solutions.
- Document and maintain documentation of systems and programs.
- Provide quality assurance services to assure systems and programs perform as designed.
- Provide training to business partners in the use of system applications.
- Setup and maintain application system configurations and tables.
- Complete analysis of business rules and entry of coding into systems tables as required for systems applications to run properly.
- Generate reports and support business partners in their development of reports from system application data bases.
- Coordinate business and system requirements with outsourced IT vendors.
- May perform other functions as assigned.
- Associate degree in a business or information systems related major or equivalent work experience.
- Working experience and expertise in at least on primary insurance business function.
- Able to lead others in the development of application systems related projects.
- Strong PC skills, including effective us of standard PC software products, such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively with other IS team members and business partners.
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple requests effectively.
- Good documentation skills.
- Candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience working with multi-line commercial claims handling.
**Please no contact from third party recruiters**
Berkley Risk Administrators Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.