Minco Products, Inc. is a privately owned company specializing in the design and manufacture of critical components since 1956. During the past five decades, we’ve grown into a global company with three business units: Thermofoil™ Flexible Heaters, Flex Circuits, and Sensors & Instruments. We have the capacity and infrastructure to support a variety of applications for global customers in diverse markets. Visit our website:www.minco.com
Minco has an outstanding opportunity for you to join a fast-paced, energetic, and collaborative engineering team as a full-time Senior Chemical Process Engineer in our Flexible Circuits Business Unit. This position will focus on Wet Processes, CU Plating and Ni/Au Plating in an environment that allows you to work in multiple disciplines with cross-functional exposure. You’ll have rich opportunities to be creative, own and shape Flex Circuit processes through continuous improvement producing a quality product which will meet or exceed the expectations of our World Class customers.
- Serves as the lead engineer for the Process Engineering staff which currently consists of 4 other Process Engineers and 3 Process Technicians; includes assigning and monitoring work and providing direction.
- Facilitates and manages process engineering projects, which includes determining objectives, timelines, project tasks, and leading communications within the plant; projects are large in scope and duration, receives broad guidance, and assists with the design of company-wide projects.
- Applies advanced or highly specialized process engineering and related manufacturing principles and practices while performing research.
- Leads large teams and small work groups regarding, process development and New Process Introduction.
- Leads corrective action teams and represents the company in dealing with customer issues.
- Serves as a technical expert and resource to other engineering disciplines, customers, suppliers, and management regarding plant processes, new or updated methods, designs, technologies, specifications, budgetary requirements, and other areas; represents the organization at key external meetings.
- Manages the completion of documents and forms required for capital equipment justification.
- Leads product family and cross-functional engineering teams to provide professional technical support to the operations, quality control, manufacturing processes, and other areas; develops and reviews a variety of reports and documents.
- Manages cross-functional activities among various operations on a project basis, such as engineering disciplines, maintenance, operations, health and safety, and quality control to monitor on-going and updated operations, processes, equipment, and related areas and implements operational adjustments.
- Applies Lean principals and Six Sigma tools for process improvement and optimization. Develops appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with engineering principles and practices and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; ensures compliance with these areas and advises or seeks management direction as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Seven years of process engineering experience in a manufacturing environment including at least one year of leading complex projects.
- Experience working with Wet Processes, CU Panel and Pattern Plating, Solder, HASL and Ni/Au Plating, preferable in the PCB industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Experience working in the PCB industry with Wet Processes, CU Panel and Pattern Plating, Solder, HASL and Ni/Au Plating
- Understanding of fundamental process engineering principles and practices.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in plating processes.
- Experience with electrolytic plating and electro-less plating techniques.
- Experience designing, maintaining, and improving manufacturing processes.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is preferred. Interest/commitment to become a Green or Black Belt required.
- Applying project management principles and practices.
- Ability to solve problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to write process instructions.
- Understanding of IQ/OQ/PQ qualification methods.
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project); Mintab, Design Expert, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, CAM software and other applicable applications.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills utilized in a team environment.
At Minco, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our employees. That is why we consciously seek to provide you with benefits and services that help balance work life and personal life as well as assist with your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including tuition reimbursement, health and dental insurance, 401(k) with a competitive match and employee incentive programs. We are located one block from the bus line as well as offering free parking.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Minco Products, Inc. is an E-Verify employer.