A design/build firm based in Sacramento is adding to the team. We are looking for an experienced person to guide and further developer our estimating team and offer a competitive package commensurate with a senior project manager. We provide our clients both residential and commercial services and while having skills and experience with estimating in both, we prefer a emphasis on the latter of the two. In our team, the estimator is the hub to many divisions or people and is a key component to the success of projects. Early budgeting, building cost guidelines, client budget review, material selections, vendors and sub contractor relations are just a few things a senior estimator will be responsible for managing.
We work across a broad spectrum of construction projects, intimate knowledge of methods of construction, materials, manufactures, vendors, sub contractors will be required. For our team we are expecting this position to be filled by an individual who has more experience from working pricing direct with subs/vendors, than that of a person who can tell us the price out of a book or software program. We have an emphasis on negotiating skills and knowing the trade often times better than the sub contractors.
We expect a natural leader, someone with confidence to assist and guide more junior employees while being able to report directly to senior management. The ability to adapt is important, however the ability to provide reasoning and support behind your methods is also very important.
This estimator should be able to estimate project from <$100,000 to more than $10,000,000.00.
Please provide a resume, complete salary requirements, other requirements (for example: need to work from home on friday, etc.), and please provide any other information which may aide in a decision.
Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information; controlling construction costs.
* Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
* Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
* Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
* Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
* Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
* Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
* Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
* Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Vendor Relationships, Reporting Skills, Estimating, Decision Making, Teamwork, Documentation Skills, Quality Focus