Lean entrepreneurial real estate investment, management and development firm is seeking a Controller in its headquarter office in Metro West Boston.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of budgets / forecasts and monthly financial statements (compliant with GAAP) for multiple residential development projects throughout the U.S.
- Assist in underwriting / modeling new acquisition opportunities
- Assist with the preparation of project-level business plans; specifically, by generating financial models that evaluate various execution strategies
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial processes and controls necessary to successfully support the business, maximize opportunities and manage risk
- Perform various accounting tasks such as general ledger review and maintenance, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management
- Coordinate with tax consultants and outside auditors
- Responsible for all human resource administration, including payroll and benefits as well as assisting with risk management
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- A well-organized individual who is disciplined in the oversight of details while maintaining the big picture perspective
- Self-starter comfortable working within an entrepreneurial environment and assuming a strong sense of ownership over all accounting-related maters
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in public accounting and/or in the financial industry as an assistant controller, controller or Financial Manager (real estate / land development experience preferred but not required)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance from an accredited institution (CPA and/or MBA preferred)
- Proficient with Excel and accounting software systems in a job cost environment (Great Plains preferred)
The Controller position offers an exciting and unique opportunity for tremendous professional growth with a defined path ultimately leading to a CFO position.