TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a Sr. Corporate Communications Writer to join our team in Nashville, Tennessee.
Job Summary: This position provides or coordinates marketing-related written communication for corporate and/or business segment projects. Written communication projects include advertising copy, direct mail copy, web text, brochure, printed collateral copy, news releases, presentations and business segment proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works directly with Director of Marketing & Communications, Business Segment Owners, Product Managers, and Marketing Team in development of their strategic marketing communications plans.
- Writes, coordinates, and reviews marketing communication copy activity in relation to brochure, ads, trade show graphics, direct mail, and intranet articles.
- Provides copy or coordinates copy as related to TransCore’s corporate Web site and/or business segment’s Web site.
- Assists Director of Marketing & Communications with implementation of Employee Communications programs.
- Coordinates and reviews all textual copy for e-mail marketing programs.
- Reviews business segment presentations, press releases, executive summaries, qualification statements, etc., as requested.
- Provides onsite management of events as required.
- Maintains media calendar relating to on-line ads, program ads, e-advertising, etc.
- Maintains advertising binder for year-to-date advertising placements.
- Confirms consistency of messaging within each media placement.
- Maintains measurement tracking results for media placements, Web traffic hits, and email response.
- Maintains media binder for key industry competitors.
- Maintains library of all Marketing & Communications material (graphics, illustrations, copy, etc.) for use in Business Segment proposals.
Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field, or equivalent experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Typically requires a minimum of eight (8) years of related experience.
- Communication skills