SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER – CHAMPAIGN, IL
Our client, Littelfuse is the worldwide leader in circuit protection products and solutions with annual sales over $660 million in 2011. The Littelfuse portfolio, backed by industry leading technical support, design, and manufacturing expertise, has made significant investments in R&D and Distribution to ensure that we not only have the world’s broadest and deepest line of circuit protection solutions, but also the most advanced, recognized circuit protection brand in the world.
We work in a highly empowered work environment where managers are very involved in planning and generating ideas for improvement. You will be supported and surrounded by some of the best and brightest people in the industry. People who care about our customers and care about helping them achieve the results they seek. At Littelfuse you will be in great company!
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Design Engineer is responsible for the research and development of low and medium voltage electrical fuse products.
· Evaluate existing Fuse Product lines and identify design modifications for Cost Reduction and/or Performance Improvement.
· Interface with Customers to define applications and fuse requirements and identify product design opportunities and solutions.
· Participate in the introduction of New Product designs into Manufacturing.
· Provide Product and Application training and mentoring for entry level and junior Engineering staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
· 5 years experience designing Electrical Power Fuses and/or Accessories.
· Knowledge of Fuse applications and fuse selection criteria.
· Knowledge of third-party agency approval processes and relevant standards.
· Solid Project Management skills.
· Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
· Familiarity with fuse manufacturing processes.
Qualified local candidates may submit a resume and salary requirements to Lida Kiehl at email@example.com