Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Designer – Electrical
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company and a leading provider of services to the Railroad industry in the United States, with locations in Africa, Brazil, Canada, China, England, Germany, Italy, Mexico, and other global locations, has an opening for a Senior Designer - Electrical in Muncie, IN.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Drug Free Workplace
Definition of Responsibilities:
· Prepare and maintain electrical schematic drawings focusing on basic wiring development, customer specific applications, and complete locomotive Customer electrical schematics.
· Lead / train other schematic designers to utilize the E3 tools and system to continuously produce electrical schematics that are completed on time and are error free.
· Lead role in the continuous development of the E3 schematic system. Identify and provide new tools including new scripts and the identification and implementation of software upgrades (from a Systems perspective). Train users (globally) and be the interface to the software supplier for new features.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain the electrical component library and E3 database
· Develop and maintain VBS scripts used by the Schematic Design process
· Develop, maintain and improve schematic design processes utilizing the E3 system
· Prepare complex designs of electrical schematics
· Complete projects on time within design cycle times.
· Communicate project status and information to and from external customers.
· Organize workload in order to provide updates and status reports in a timely manner.
· Continuously review designs to ensure unnecessary errors are eliminated to avoid back checks.
· Ensure first time design quality in order to reduce manufacturing design requests.
· Lead and instruct other electrical designers in the use of the E3 system and tools.
· Lead electrical design reviews.
· Maintain electrical schematic drafting standards.
· Travel as required.
Skills and Abilities:
· Complete knowledge of schematic development drafting practices and standards.
· Understanding of schematic development within a computer graphics system.
· Understanding of circuit development within a physical schematic.
· Understanding of Locomotive subsystems as they pertain to electrical development.
· Understanding of a Locomotive General Arrangement.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Analytical ability where problems are somewhat complex.
· Ability to consistently execute to job schedule and milestone dates.
· Ability to maintain and monitor an electronic schematic database.
· Ability to create / modify VBS scripts for electrical schematics.
· Ability to stay abreast of new technology in regard to schematic development tools and processes.
· Ability to test new schematic development software revisions prior to implementation.
· Ability to understand and fix all schematic development software related issues.
· Ability to train and mentor all electrical schematic users.
· Complete understanding of various 2D schematic development tools, such as AutoCAD, or equivalent.
· Extensive knowledge of Xcel and other spreadsheet software for manipulation of Wire Running Lists.
· Complete understanding of the E3 schematic intelligent software system.
· Complete understanding of creating and maintaining E3 schematic VBS scripts
· Complete understanding of TeamCenter Engineering workflow processing.
Education Requirements and Experience:
· Associates Degree in Drafting, Industrial Design, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
· 15 - 20 years Schematic Development experience required.
· Minimum of 5 years of E3 schematic development and database management experience required.
· 5 years computer programming of VBS script development experience.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE