Growing healthcare organization in the western suburbs of Chicago, IL is in need of a Senior Desktop Engineer with a focus in Application Packaging for a direct hire position. They are looking for a communicative and interactive person who can hit the ground running with strong technical background that specializes in application packaging.
If you are a qualified Senior Desktop Engineer - Application Packaging with a positive and outgoing personality and possess the following skills, please apply to us immediately!
You may email your resume directly to email@example.com
Please copy the following into the subject line Senior Desktop Engineer - Application Packaging
. We will contact you if your profile matches our client’s needs.
You must be able to attend an in-person interview at our client’s site (they will not hire off a phone screen or Skype interview).
- Provides configuration of client computing systems, by utilizing packaging skills, operating system and hardware knowledge.
- The Senior Desktop Engineer develops and deploys MSI based packages.
- Works with IT application teams to provide stable installation packages on time and to specifications.
- Follows established development standards and strategies as defined by the business and IT.
- Receives and reviews installation and configuration instructions as provided by application team members.
- Captures and validates the installation and program to meet standards and specifications for Windows XP and Windows 7 64-Bit.
- The Senior Desktop Engineer will also assist in resolving tier-3 support incidents.
- This person must exhibit task and time management skills, oral and written communication skills, technical expertise, and dedication to resolve problems effectively and efficiently minimizing disruptions, and share support of a 24-hour on-call rotation schedule.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 8 years' full-time experience in prior position(s) working in a large IT environment with extensive Microsoft infrastructure.
- This position requires experience configuring, implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Microsoft desktop environments and Client Operating Systems (such as Windows 7 and Windows XP) within a multiple domain, large local-area and wide-area networks.
- Requires experience in following ITIL processes.
- The candidate requires experience in the following software packaging and distribution technologies: generating application packages with Flexera AdminStudio, Symantec/Altiris/Wise Package Studio, MS SMS Installer, Microsoft SCCM, VMWare ThinApp, and others.
- Must have experience with Windows Active Directory, Group Policy Objects and Preferences (GPOs & GPPs), and Registry settings.
- Must have experience in creating and modifying Powershell, WMI, and VB scripts as needed for testing or automation.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
Training: Hospital or medical information systems experience preferred.
Special Skills: Strong verbal and written communication, Microsoft Office, project management and implementation, client
Operating Systems skills. Strong teamwork abilities.
Licensure: MCSE certification or equivalent
Senior Desktop Engineer- Application Packaging Focus, Microsoft Infrastructure, Powershell, WMI, VB Scripts.