Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Development Executive, ...
UJA-Federation of New York is seeking a passionate, thoughtful, and creative development professional to co-execute Day School Futures. Day School Futures comprises various activities associated with strengthening New York day school endowments. This effort involves the $50 million Day School Challenge Fund (DSCF), which will begin to enroll schools in September 2014. DSCF will match endowment dollars that participating schools raise on a one-to-three ratio, positioning schools to raise an aggregate $150 million. Once complete, the $200 million in new endowment funds will provide a predictable revenue stream for schools to subsidize tuition and invest in educational excellence. This is the first-ever New York-area effort of its kind and covers Jewish schools in the five boroughs, Long Island, and Westchester. This initiative is the practical centerpiece of a major overall communal endowment effort for day schools. For additional information on DSCF, please visit www.ujafedny.org/day-school-challenge
Reporting to the vice president of the Planned Giving & Endowments Department, this professional must have the skills to build and maintain school relationships, work with others at UJA-Federation shepherding complementary efforts, and execute related programs and initiatives.
1. Serve as strategic partner to day schools in their endowment-development efforts.
· Reach out to New York-area day schools to promote and provide information on DSCF
· Manage program application and reporting process
· Work closely with schools to develop and implement their endowment-fundraising strategies and campaign steps
· Assist schools in prospecting donors and closing endowment gifts
· Design and orchestrate conferences and educational gatherings for day schools to advance their endowment-development efforts
· Develop and deliver presentations on the program and endowment development to UJA-Federation staff, lay leaders, school professionals, and school communities
· Forge working relationships with school lay leaders to strengthen this initiative
· Assist in reporting to two major foundations and other supporters of this initiative
2. Serve as a DSCF liaison at UJA-Federation.
· Co-convene, with UJA-Federation’s Day School Support Committee, a group of lay leaders who will shepherd DSCF efforts, as well as approve other grant allocations for the benefit of day schools
· Help steward the DSCF Advisory Panel (a group that provides direction and strategy with respect to DSCF)
· Forge working relationships with lay leaders at UJA-Federation
Working alongside other UJA-Federation professionals, such as the COJIR day school professional, the Strategy Manager of Day School Futures, and the Director of Day School Advocacy (Government Relations), this professional will be part of a team that builds relationships with day schools. With the day school team, this professional will design branding strategies, communication tools, community organizing events, and other work related to supporting and sustaining UJA-Federation’s efforts with respect to DSCF.
Skills and Experience
This professional must have excellent interpersonal skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, sensitivity to different cultures, and deep appreciation for multiple Jewish sensibilities. This position requires determination, focus, and the ability to adapt to meet the needs of school professionals with varying levels of development experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
· Significant fundraising experience and/or experience working with Jewish day schools or other agencies; capitalcampaign and/or endowment experience preferred
· Project management experience
· Consulting experience is a plus
· Ability to multitask
· Passion for working in the Jewish community
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and oral presentation
· Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people