Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Electrical Engineer
BRAVEN®, recently acquired by Incipio Technologies, is an exciting and rapidly growing consumer electronics company that specializes in creating the world’s most talented line of audio products. BRAVEN has entered over 30 countries and has been recognized as one of the most promising up-and-coming companies in the portable audio industry.
INCIPIO® is a Southern California based designer and manufacturer of award winning mobile device accessories. Established in 1999, INCIPIO® is widely recognized for consistently creating state of the art protective solutions for the mobile world. INCIPIO’s products are sold worldwide in leading consumer and electronics retailers, mobile retailers and through www.incipio.com.
BRAVEN is looking for an experienced Electronics Engineer to lead the technical strategy for our rapidly growing and industry-leading wireless consumer electronics speaker brand.
• Take a leading role in overall company product engineering direction and strategy.
• Own the electrical configuration of new products through all development stages: from the initial concept, through the design and development stage, to testing of prototypes, and through to the final manufacturing.
• Research consumer electronics markets, keep up to date with developments in technologies and regulations, and recommend new and innovative technologies and products for future product expansion.
• Research, develop, design, and test electronic components, products, and systems for consumer electronics applications.
• Evaluate operational systems and recommend design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements.
• Systematically improve the detailed design of PCBA, ensuring that the product will work according to specifications, can be made again reliably, and will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
• Assist in formulating and executing product test plans.
• Validate electronic configurations of pre- and post-production product samples.
• Perform computer-based circuit/system simulation to prove out design performance and compliance with product specifications.
• Plan and support agency approval (CSA, UL, etc.) activities related to electronic control.
• Prepare technical documentation, including specifications and design documents.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years experience designing electronic circuits in a commercial environment using digital and analog techniques
• Expert understanding of electronic components and selection parameters
• Good communication skills in written and spoken English
• Ability to locate parts and datasheets using Internet search engines and manufacturer web sites
• Ability to use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Experience in acoustical design, particularly small consumer electronics products
• Experience with Bluetooth system design and integration, and DSP algorithms
• Software (apps) design/engineering experience a strong plus
• Proficiency in VHDL, Verilog, or comparable hardware description languages
• Experience with OrCAD, Altium, PADS, or other schematic capture and layout tools
• Experience with packet-based communications protocols
• Proficiency in design of enclosures and panels
• Working knowledge of C, C++ would be preferred
• Experience working with Asia manufacturers a plus
· Competitive salary and compensation plan
· Health and dental Insurance
To apply, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org