Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Engineer A/Advanced Tec...
|Emerson Company||Power & Water Solutions|
|Publish Start Date||Jun 6 2014|
|Job Level||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
The candidate will be an essential member of a team-oriented Turbine Retrofit Project Group with responsibilities for system design/implementation and test functions. Responsibilities will include providing technical leadership and innovative thinking in the development and testing of turbine control retrofit systems. Duties require experience with Siemens/Westinghouse and General Electric heavy duty combustion turbine controls with accompanying knowledge of Dry Low NOx (DLN1.0/2.0/2.6) and Low Emission Combustor (LEC) control algorithms. Experience with Pratt&Whitney/GE/RollsRoyce aero derivative gas turbine generator control systems is required. Candidate will provide leadership and direction to members of the Gas Turbine Solutions (GTS) controls group and in the creation of software development standards/practices and work instructions. Candidate shall be self-motivated and possess effective skills for communicating with internal and external customers.
Central responsibilities include:
• Implementation and testing of combustion turbine control strategies
• Implementation and testing of HMI control and supervisory interface screens
• Implementation of system alarming and operator notification processes
• Functional testing to verify operational specifications are maintained
• Creation of software development standards/practices and work instructions
Major responsibilities include:
• Manage project requirement, schedule, and execution through delivery
• Interfacing with the engineering teams to maintain control strategy standards
• Provide project status updates to project teams and management
• Provide leadership and direction to other controls engineers within the group
Job RequirementsThe position requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering or the equivalent and a minimum of seven years of direct related experience with turbine control design and testing. The candidate must be technically oriented with major combustion turbine manufacturers and experienced with combustion turbine control philosophies.
The position requires 15% travel.
Additional Company InformationEmerson Process Management Power & Water Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex race, color, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, disability or protected Veteran status.
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which Emerson Process Management Power & Water Solutions will provide sponsorship