The Senior Instructional Designer will work with software application development and business teams to design and develop high-level instructor-led and web-based training programs for an enterprise suite of applications currently under development.
- Utilize effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation techniques to design and develop comprehensive training program for several software modules for software applications under development (“from scratch”);
- Target courses for both new employees/clients and experienced user audiences;
- Determine needs of a course(s) and appropriate method of delivery;
- Utilize multimedia technology and electronic learning tools;
- Support training materials using company styles, standards, and development tools;
- Ensure that all course information is consistent, comprehensive, and well organized;
- Proofread and edit own work and work of others to improve quality, readability, consistency, and effectiveness of documentation;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders throughout the development process and ensure coordination of efforts across groups;
- Lead efforts with business subject matter experts for content validity to achieve desired learning outcomes; and
- Manage third party vendors, as appropriate to include coordination of resources and ensuring quality of product and service levels delivered.
- Minimum 8 years experience in instructional design and course materials development for software applications in development;
- Minimum 2 years experience teaching courses to varying audiences;
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise with Instructional Design and Courseware Development principles;
- Ability to manage, prioritize, schedule and meet project deadlines Strong PC skills and expertise in MS Office, electronic learning tools preferably Captivate, and electronic support platforms preferably Epilogue;
- Ability to understand and communicate new concepts quickly and accurately;
- Accomplished presentation skills, including development and delivery;
- Desire to continuously learn new features of development tools and software;
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Work both independently and as part of a team with the ability to mentor and lead others; and
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team
Inovalon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.