Get new similar jobs by email for
Internal Audit Director, Capit...
This Director of Audit will manage and conduct operational, financial and compliance audit projects; providing major input to the development of the annual audit plan and providing training; and coaching and supervising the internal audit staff.
· Manage internal audit staff responsible for auditing Treasury, Capital Markets, Finance and related Risk Management (Market, Liquidity, Capital) functions as well as other diverse lines of business and specialty areas. Provide major input to audit engagement planning and fieldwork, as well as identification, development and documentation of audit issues, and recommendations for their improvement.
· Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of Treasury, Capital Markets, related Risk Management functions, as well as have an understanding of Basel II, 2.5, and III requirements related to market risk, equity and securitization treatments and capital calculations.
· Manage the implementation of audit procedures, including, but not limited to identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting auditee processes and procedures. Oversee the identification and evaluation of bank risk.
· Assist the Vice President and Managing Vice President in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations and have staff management responsibilities including hiring, training, and evaluating staff, and taking corrective action.
· Manage the implementation of audit procedures, including (but not limited to) identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting auditee processes and procedures, and prepare value added audit reports.
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, economics or related fields
· 8 Years experience in internal audit or Big 4 public accounting
· 6 Years experience in capital markets and treasury, in the large banking, financial services industry or serving large banks in a professional services firm.
· Deep subject; large financial services experience; and extensive capital markets and treasury functions.
· Advanced Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems or Business Administration.
· Professional certification in an audit related field such as a CIA, CPA, CIDA or CFA.
· Strong, effective communicator (verbally and in writing) with executive management, and external parties.
· Demonstrated success establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with all levels of associates, management and external parties.
· Demonstrated success managing and directing audit associates to deliver a value-added assurance function
· Senior leadership experience in driving change in one's own function