Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Level/Principal Level H...
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Design, develop and document utility communication and analysis equipment from concept to production.
· Responsible for schematic capture, netlist generation and BOM generation.
· Work with PCB designer during board layout.
· Perform lab DVT testing and troubleshooting as needed.
· Participate in sustaining engineering activities, including modifying and improving existing designs.
· Provide support to manufacturing staff.
Experience and Skills:
· BSEE Degree required.
· Minimum 10 years experience as HW Engineer.
· Experience in Analog Design development (i.e. RF Communication Systems below 100MHz, RF filters, PLC Communication Systems, amplifiers, Op Amps, PLLs, DC-DC switchers, oscillators, etc.).
· Experience in Digital Design development (i.e. CPU, Microcontrollers, memory, CPLD, Ethernet, USB, etc.).
· Experience in Power Supply development (i.e. AC/DC Isolated Supply).
· Skilled in Lab environment – circuit board rework, trouble shooting and DVT.
· Experience using Test Equipment – Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, etc.
· Experience in all phases of product development – brainstorming, technical requirements, block diagram, cost analysis, detailed design, design reviews, documentation, prototyping, DVT, release to production, sustaining engineering, cost reduction.
· Experience in high reliability and high volume design.
· Experience in designing hardware to meet stringent compliance standards (i.e. IEC 60950 and IEC 61010 Safety Compliance).
· Knowledge of signal integrity and EMI/EMC design issues.
· Proven ability to meet product schedules.
· Understanding of electric utility distribution infrastructure highly desirable.
· Software Skills: Schematic capture (DxDesigner a plus), Spice, RF simulation, Configuration Management (Agile a plus), and Microsoft Office.
· Ability to transfer knowledge to other team members both in person and through documentation.
· Ability to work independently and within multi-functional teams.