Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for mechanical design of RF power amplifiers and assemblies; perform conceptual design, thermal and mechanical analysis; prepare design sketches, layouts, select raw materials, develop specs for product and prepare reports.
· Produce designs that meet performance, cost, and manufacturability goals.
· Performs cost estimation/analysis, detailed mechanical engineering design, design reviews, tolerance analysis, structural and thermal analysis using Cosmos and risk/hazard analysis.
· Conduct investigations or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, material, or processes.
· Recommend necessary improvements and corrections to evaluation and qualification test specifications, technical analyses, and designs, to insure successful project completion.
· Review test reports for R&D projects to insure accuracy and correctness.
· Monitor and control assigned projects to assure compliance with approved procedures, methods, quality standards and regulations.
· Assist with the review of product development progress and evaluates results.
· Provide solution to manufacturing issues and/or cost savings opportunities on assigned projects.
· Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions then make recommendations and/or decisions based on the facts.
· Maintain ongoing schedule of current project status, identify key milestones, critical path and deliverables.
· Ensure that projects meet specifications, standards and performance.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME). A Master’s degree is preferred.
· 10 plus years of experience in the Mechanical Engineering field.
· Knowledge of electronics packaging design principles.
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Cosmos software tools.
· Candidate must have strong technical, written, verbal skills and have the ability to operate effectively independently and in a team environment.
· US Citizenship required.
LOCAL Candidates only!
We offer excellent compensation, full benefits and a high visibility environment for fast track promotions and rewards.
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website www.aethercomm.com.
Aethercomm is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. EEO/AA employer - Female, minority, Vietnam-era Veteran and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.